First build!

GoldenMotor.com

lolitsdaelan

Apr 23, 2010
Indianapolis
So I just finished repainting the reassembling the frame. Ordered the motor last night, and will hopefully have it up and running for the weekend. I'd still like to find a way to lower the seat a bit more, and ideally move it back into the dip between the fender and the frame. I know there is still a ways to go, but I'm feeling good! So here's some before and after action for ya, and if you want to check out some of the build process, check out the blog! What's Daelan Doing?

(and yes I copied the Spooky Tooth "Bare Bones" color scheme, it just looks so badass!)

Before

After

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
That's going to be a very nice ride when you're done. I like the flipped bars. It looks good and feels good riding. You'll like them. As for lowering/moving the saddle; Look for a lay-back seat post. I've made them but they do sell them if you're not into fabrication. You can use 1" bar stock, turned down to 7/8" then heat and bend it to the desired angle. Some of the cheaper tubular ones are weak and will bend with your weight on bumps. I like to move the saddle back at least 6" and on a couple I've gone as far as 8". Many of the cruiser frames can be a little cramped for a rider with long legs so the further back, the better and the more comfortable the ride. Good luck, keep us posted on your build.
Tom

Last edited:

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Thats a good look, I did My delmar the same way (flipped the bars) painted it low gloss black.
Cheers
Chainmaker