From the land of "NO HILLS", Florida

GoldenMotor.com

victoreperez

Jun 25, 2008
Hi to you' all !! The name and location: Victor from Fort Lauderdale. I done two kits so far, a 70 cc first and a 48 cc, both chinese happy times types. The 70 cc is installed on a old japanese frame with 700 mm tires, bianchi hubs, alex rims (everything salvaged from discarded bikes). Runs excellent after 8 tanks of gas & it takes me to work everyay (everyday it doesn't rain, that is!!). Now the 48...putted together for my brother...starts great but it develops a screeching noise on decceleration and it vibrates a LOT on acceleration at midrange. I will search for solutions in the applicable threads!! Well, i'm sure it will be a pleasure to be part of this community.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Welcome aboard and glad to have you. In a land with no hills a weed whacker 25cc will work wonders. Its just where there are hills like i live that you need the extra punch

victoreperez

Jun 25, 2008
thanks for all the "welcomes"...i will work on the clutch bearings this wekend and will post the results. I found two other threads with guys having exact same poblem with 48cc engine. Maybe i a common thing? or he engines are from the same origin? I'll try to find out...thanks for your suggestions!!

victoreperez

Jun 25, 2008
DEACON...you're right...a 25 cc would be enough here...actually looking for some parts to convert a 25 cc weedwhacker to install on top of rear wheel wth chain drive to large sprocket...if you know of a universal clutch and gears i will love to do it!! Thanks for any info you may have.

victoreperez

Jun 25, 2008
Thanks Bikeguy JOe...i will see which vendor sells the parts and will give a try...i'm very pleased wit the 70 cc but overhere a think is overkill!! I probably will love to be purring along with a 25 cc...I have one and it starts great, idles real nice...Ihope i can get the parts and certainly will try it. Thanks again

victoreperez

Jun 25, 2008
DEACON...did you made your own or you just changed a motor to a commercial set up?..if you did your own...do you have pictures?.Thanks for any info you can provide

victoreperez

Jun 25, 2008
BIKEGUY JOE...you think a 10 tooth in the clutch going to a 50 sprocket would be enough gear reduction to make it work? I'm not familiar with gear setting so i will look for a formula, if there is one.
Thanks