MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia
Re: porting new top end ht 80cc

Hi, u didnt say whether u wanted 2 port 4 increased top end performance (where u'll loose bottom end performance), or 4 increased low & mid range performance (where u'll loose top end performance). Which ever way u go, 2 increase in 1 area means loosing in another. Then, 2 get the most out of ur port job, all other aspects of ur motor have 2 b made 2 compliment ur port split & duration, so they all work in conjunction 2 achieve ur goal. Cheers

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif

Does anyone know what the numbers mean on the piston? I have 2 PK 68.5/80cc engines and there is a #4 on one piston and & #5 on the other piston and just got a puch head 70cc Hi Hi compression and need to know what theses #'s are and the difference between the piston's if any??

young grease monkey

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago

If you do a complete overhaul you will see gains across the rpm range. Only working on the top end will force you to compromise.

movinfast

Sep 17, 2012
az

they are the piston dome size i belive. you will have to through calipers or a mic on them to see if the diameter is different

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia

Hi, as ur uping the compression it'd b adviseable 2 at least upgrade the small end bearing. Measure between the piston pin bosses, NTN does a 10x14x16.5 if it'll fit it'd b best, otherwise use 10x14x15 bearing, but Young Grease Monkey gave good advise, tear it right down & do it properly. Cheers

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif

Completely torn down PK 69.5/80cc
New...
Wrist pin bearing
Cylinder ported/intake and exaust also re-surfaced
Crank bearing
Pro racing expansion chamber
Dellorto 15mm carb
Puch 70cc High High compression head

Attachments

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia

Its always a good idea 2 replace all the fasteners with Hi Tensile Automotive grade socket head (Allen Key) fasteners. Torque case fasteners to 75 inch/pounds. Cheers

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif

All of the fasteners/bolts have been up graded as well and yes the head bolts will be Allen keyed, the head was just placed on the engine for photogenical purposes.
I don't know if you have visited my thread Blood Thursty but you can see what the bike looks like(1911 Indian BTR) so this engine has to be right & tight!! and will be starting another shortly after this build

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca

wow! how about that. venice motor bikes is one shop to say mod's are needed for this part to work properly. instead of making a sale. one honest dude. way to go Norm!

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california

All of the fasteners/bolts have been up graded as well and yes the head bolts will be Allen keyed, the head was just placed on the engine for photogenical purposes.
I don't know if you have visited my thread Blood Thursty but you can see what the bike looks like(1911 Indian BTR) so this engine has to be right & tight!! and will be starting another shortly after this build
the head bolts should be studded , To tell you the truth I have never had a issue with the stock head studs. Get yourself some open head nuts and torque them down to 13 pounds . Spray the head gasket with copper coat and you shouldn't have a problem.