Sick Bike Parts ????

GoldenMotor.com

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
Pablo You have a typo on your website. FYI .
Reviews more
Rear mount Kickstand
Good part! I put it on before I bought my kit. When put the ..
5 of 5 Stars!
Languages
English Español
Currencies
Friday 01 May, 2009 104690 requests since Monday 11 August, 2008

Copyright © 2009 Sick Bike Parts
Powered by osCommerce

Here it is LOL

Sick Bile Parts LLC

I did a screendump of my last purchase from your site.

Thank you. spad4me.

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
I ordered the parts for an engine driven pedal able jack shaft on Friday they came in on Monday. WOW.
No mistake in the quality of the parts and the quick service.
Thank You Pablo.

Last edited by a moderator:

bgoates

Mar 3, 2008
Review of shift kit

I recently purchased a shift kit to be installed on a road bike that had 700c tires with a 80cc engine. Overall I found the kit and instruction of very good and professional quality. I have installed several motor kits before so I will only concentrate on the issues I experienced as a first time installer of the shift kit. I did have some installment issues which Jim at Sick Bike Parts was very helpful in solving. The biggest issue I had was lack of power and torque. My idea of buying a road bike with 700c tires was that it would go like a rocket. However the big wheels was just too much for the motor and I couldn't even keep up with my brother riding a standard motorized bike kit with an identical engine. Jim recommended that I go from a 10 tooth sprocket on the jack shaft .rd..rd..rd..rd.to a 9 tooth and change from the standard 44 tooth chainwheel to a 48 tooth. This solution was going to cost me a little more but my other option was to dismantle everything and install it on another bike that had 26 inch wheels. I decided to spend the extra bucks than invest all that extra time.

To make a long story shorter....I installed the other sprockets today and everything works great ! I'm still breaking in my new motor but optimistic that the bike will out perform my brother. I've also ordered a slant head which I hope may zoom things up even more.

I would recommend that this kit NOT be installed on a bike with the larger 700c tires UNLESS you are willing to spend the extra bucks to increase the gear ratio from the standard kit. If you do increase the gear ratio you will have a great ride.

In the future I may try the kit on a 26 inch bike for comparison.

The guys at Sick Bike Parts are great to deal with and I recommend this kit if you want increased performance.....but highly recommend that you stick to 26 inch tires or smaller.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Good feedback - not so many folks have done the 700 wheel install. I do wonder how the 9T alone would have done.

You'll enjoy it even more as your engine breaks in.

bgoates

Mar 3, 2008
Re: Sick Bile Parts ????

I don't think just the 9t would have done it because I still lack sufficient power for gears 6 and 7. I'm hoping the slat head will take care of that. I should know in a couple of days.

Do you need different gaskets to install the slant head or can the originals work or what about gasket seal ?

Thanks

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
I don't think just the 9t would have done it because I still lack sufficient power for gears 6 and 7. I'm hoping the slat head will take care of that. I should know in a couple of days.

Do you need different gaskets to install the slant head or can the originals work or what about gasket seal ?

Thanks
Yeah top gear is a tough nut with an unmodded engine even with 26" wheels. Your low gear should be a rock crawler. You'll love it. I ride mine with a 9T sometimes like a trials bike. Amazing compared to the strap on sprocket.

Yes, you will need a new head gasket. I wouldn't use gasket seal for a head gasket, but that's just me. Now, per Norman I have used the Aluminum spray paint coating on the gasket. Works really, really well!! (Another Norman recommended trick)