Hello to all

GoldenMotor.com

thumper68

Sep 19, 2016
Riverside, ca
I'm pretty new to this, but I'm having a problem with my back tire wanting to lock up when I push the clutch handle in.
Here's a little background on what I have. A flaming horse silver slant 80cc motor. Mounted on a specialized bicycle. One of the older specialized bikes (about 15 years). Standard 26 inch tires and rims. I ride everyday to school, so I really need some help with this please. Oh my clutch is a brake/clutch combo handle. :confused:

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I removed pedals from my bike and it is legal, but only off road doing trails where allowed. So I was thinking others will chime in and welcome you and have answers or where to check on this forum for that problem. I was simply thinking of coaster brake bikes which is not used on specialized I would guess. If it were, that part that connects to the coaster brake hub could have lost the bolt holding to the frame.

Welcome anyway and check motorized bicycle troubleshooting section. You could check bearing end play adjust with a cone wrench maybe, that I do adjust on my bike for both rear and front wheels.

My automatic clutch is on a Briggs Engine so there is no real adjusting so those others could help you knowing more for manual clutch, if the problem is in the clutch.

malatious

Sep 23, 2014
Riverside, CA
Is the brake engaging at the same time as the clutch is releasing? Is your lever the one with the switch to move between brake and clutch? Could be a problem with your actual lever. Look and see if your brakes are engaging when you pull on the clutch lever.

thumper68

Sep 19, 2016
Riverside, ca
Is the brake engaging at the same time as the clutch is releasing? Is your lever the one with the switch to move between brake and clutch? Could be a problem with your actual lever. Look and see if your brakes are engaging when you pull on the clutch lever.
its a brake/clutch combo. so there is the brake handle and a thumb action lever (disengage) and a finger button type lever (engage) or the other way around I can never remember which is which if its not in front of me.

thumper68

Sep 19, 2016
Riverside, ca
I did check out the clutch gears, but I haven't seen anything like them prior to this , so I have no idea what am looking for.
Maybe some type of metal shavings, worn teeth, oil/gas in clutch housing.
I saw the clutch pads but I'm not sure how they look new, so don't know if its time to replace them, if you replace them. Cars are easier to work on then this.
Do note that I also took the magneto cover off also. Now can someone tell me what I should see when taking the cover off? Cause this has me a little confused.
I have attached a picture of the clutch pads.
Thanks at all for your help. I do appreciate it.

Attachments

Last edited:

thumper68

Sep 19, 2016
Riverside, ca
Any advice on adjusting the clutch. I can't seem to get it dialed in right. The motor tries to turn over, but it just won't start. Please help... Thanks.