need help identifying part, where to purchase

GoldenMotor.com

TheWizardVillage

Jul 29, 2015
Tennessee
Hey mates,

The small gold bolt with the spring in the picture, located on the carburetor fell off the other day. What would the name of that bolt and spring be listed as online to purchase a replacement?

Also, does anyone know if a small engine store in town would probably carry it? Or even somewhere as convenient as lowes?

Thanks ahead of time,
Spencer:-||

Attachments

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
I think that these carbs are so cheap, you should just buy a new one; they can be had for about $15 delivered.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
That carburetor rebuild kit won't do you any good. The parts aren't for the NT carb.

The missing screw is not a needle type like mixture screws. It is blunt on the end and acts as a mechanical stop to adjust engine idle speed. I don't know of any suppliers that sell just that part. They can be made but you'd need one to copy. The length is critical as is the diameter of the end that goes in the throttle slide bore.

I'd order a new carb and have spare parts. You'll want to order and NT carburetor for an exact replacement. Some other aftermarket carbs will require a different throttle cable.

Tom

TheWizardVillage

Jul 29, 2015
Tennessee
Thanks 2door for your input I'll have to note all of that for future reference. I believe brown is going to send me an extra one he has to help me out. You forum guys are a lot of help,much props.

That carburetor rebuild kit won't do you any good. The parts aren't for the NT carb.

The missing screw is not a needle type like mixture screws. It is blunt on the end and acts as a mechanical stop to adjust engine idle speed. I don't know of any suppliers that sell just that part. They can be made but you'd need one to copy. The length is critical as is the diameter of the end that goes in the throttle slide bore.

I'd order a new carb and have spare parts. You'll want to order and NT carburetor for an exact replacement. Some other aftermarket carbs will require a different throttle cable.

Tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
And his first name isn't even 'Charlie". But he's still a 'good man' :)

Thanks, Brown. That's what makes this a good forum. People like you willing to go that extra mile to help others.

Tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thanks Tom. I hope you decide to come back to the Land of Lincoln for another scare crow ride.
It is certainly in my plans. I hope we can increase the number of riders this year. We might put London Mills on the map. Looking forward to seeing you and your precious lady again. :)

Tom