WALD fender supports? Anyone?

GoldenMotor.com
Aug 17, 2011
Springfield IL.
Can anyone tell me about the WALD brand of heavy duty fender supports?

Anyone have data on the material used, or the dimensions?

Did they bolt right on?

Are they truly "HEAVY DUTY" ?

Anyone use them on a motorized bike with long - term success?

Anyone?

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
It's an old gag from Monty Python. Sorry I couldn't be of actual use but you could check out Treatland. They have all kinds of moped parts that might be applicable.

good luck

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
I just did a quick google for those Wald supports and what I saw looked pretty thin. Unless they offer a heavy duty version I think they look just like regular fender supports and a bit lightweight for a motorized bike. But I have no direct experience with them.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
Wald still makes the best fenders for bikes. Not as good as they were in the 50's-70's, but better than anything else out there.

The supports are thicker than most cheap stock fenders, and they do bolt on, but they're designed for wald fenders. You might have to drill new holes in your original fenders to use them.

As far as being suitable for motored bikes? That's debatable. Some people will tell you never to use a fender of any kind, and others will say, like me, that if you mount them correctly, you won't have any problems.

There's even a sticky on proper mounting techniques and tips (your welcome ;) )

But no fender, strut, or any other part for that matter, is "suitable" for a motorized bike if it's not installed properly.

boxcar

Dec 18, 2014
Astoria OR
Wald still makes the best fenders for bikes. Not as good as they were in the 50's-70's, but better than anything else out there.
Oh I don't know about that....
I prefer carbon fenders to steel.
Bontrager or XLC both make excellent fenders in both carbon or Aluminum.
Steel is more prone to rust , are heavier and generally are made using stamped struts . ( prone to metal fatigue )
For that vintage look a Wald is a damn good fender though.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Bairdco, too funny. I was just gonna search for your posts on the Wald's. never tried em but remember how much you like them. I am still gunshy and still use bfugly ubolts after an accident.

I really should get over it and try Wald's and/or as you suggested, BoxCar.

LOL Chaz! "No body expects the Spanish Inquisition!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WJXHY2OXGE

Sorry for the Off Topic, SpringField. Just a really funny "blast from the past" sort of thing.