Reducing Vibrations at High Speeds.

GoldenMotor.com

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Not enough can be said for a bigger gear (smaller sprocket) on the back- my 36 above has been an alloy 34 from Kings for some time- the less the motor is screaming at cruising speeds, the much less vibration there is.

Another improvement since my post on this thread is a 415 TRIKE/INDUSTRIAL chain- at half the weight- but the same width and pitch otherwise- the smaller plates give a very noticibly smoother roll- both peddalling and for the motor drive- highly recommended change under $15 delivered.

swilly_1

Sep 18, 2014
San diego
My back tire is off-center any tips on realignment? Also the chain tensioner keeps fallig down and too much slack tips on keeping it tight. Thanx

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I like to saw off about an inch or so from an old handlebar, split into 2 "C" sections, and use those under the tensioner to give it a bit more bite on the frame - often, I'll also replace those 4.8 bolts with 10.9 bolts (tighten carefully, as 10.9 is strong enough to tighten till the frame is flat)

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
To dampen out bar end vibes on motorcycles I would cut pieces of steel round stock that would fit into the bar ends. Make them 3 or 4 inches long and glue them in, the mass quietens down the high frequency vibration. It does add some weight to the bike, though.

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
If your engine is in tight and it's just a little normal vibration just change your grips.

I cut that hard plastic crap grip off the throttle and throw both away and use foam BMX grips on every build, the difference is amazing.

The BXX foam grips will stretch a bit with some warm soapy water and you can 'milk' them onto the throttle barrel pretty easy.

It's your hands on the handlebars, why grip hard plastic?

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Just a thought but I have always thought that the manufactures of our little and beloved ChinaGirl engines designed them with the U.S. federal government guideline of 20 MPH top speed. So they are geared to be optimal at 20, 22 MPH tops.

Any, well most to my understanding, engines of any sort work best at 75% throttle for fuel efficiency, longevity and power out put.

And I still ride the poor dumb and over taxed thing at WOT and yell at it for the vibes and lack of performance.

Really, this poor little 2 stroke engine is turning a 26" wheel and moving my 175 lbs butt at a speed of 30+MPH. And I beech and demand more. (At a lower initial cost and better MPG)

Just funny. I want more but want to pay less.