I got over 40mph today!

GoldenMotor.com

Wild Bill

Jan 29, 2013
Camarillo So. Cal.
My china girl hit 42 at best but the puch head was causing problems so I went back to the stock head and it dropped back to 38. Now Im putting in the new Dax lightened and balanced crank cant wait to get that broken in.

My KTM bike hits 50 fairly quick since its an SBP shifter, and its just fun going thru the gears!

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
how much more speed can you get out of a 36t sprocket im running a 44t spocket now thinking about moving to a 36t spocket
My kits all came with 41T sprockets and when I switched to a 36T tooth I seen my comfortable cruise speed increase somewhere about 5-7 MPH, all my engines have minor mods like shaved the heads down, cleaned up the intake and exhaust ports, a free flowing exhaust and a well tuned rejetted carb. I weight 210lbs and all my bike cruise fairly smooth at 30-32mph and top out 38-42 MPH depending on wich bike I'm on because I have a 36T on one a 34T Kings sprocket on one and a BGF 32T on another, they all do well for me but vibes get a little rough on all of them at over 32 MPH, just my engines though, yours may be much smoother than mine and you may see 34 or 35 mph comfortably if it all set up right.

Map dnut

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I really like my Pig with a 36 tooth rear. I live in a flat area and it is a great upgrade for lowering rpm. I'm 250 lbs and it hauls me around no problem with nothing but a tuned pipe.
Second best upgrade ever after hd #40 chain.