help!! no masterlink

GoldenMotor.com

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I'm not an expert on chins but I think the diff, between 42 and 415 is size more or less you can google it and find the sizes are just a little diffreent.
these do not have o-ring seals so oil the snot out of them or boil in a grease and gear oil mix for long life. This will get you kicked out of the kitchen and your girlfriend will beat you so I warned ya. :confused: rotfl
Norman

I have a couple of extra 415 master links if someone needs one PM me with your mailing address after you get it find a replacement and send me it for payment of the one I'll send you sound fair?!

TeddyB

Jan 19, 2008
alto michigan
Hey Guys-------all I know is spookey tooth cycle could have sold me a chain for almost twice as much,but he knew I was in a bind and needed a chain.

so he said to go to Tractor Supply and get #41 roller chain,so now I got 2 chains for about half the price.

Is #41 roller chain as good or better than 415 chain ?????

all I know is it worked in a pinch and is not coming off like the 415 chain did.

and Im riding my bike instead of waiting for the mailman.

Ted

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Hey Guys-------all I know is spookey tooth cycle could have sold me a chain for almost twice as much,but he knew I was in a bind and needed a chain.

so he said to go to Tractor Supply and get #41 roller chain,so now I got 2 chains for about half the price.

all I know is it worked in a pinch and is not coming off like the 415 chain did.

Ted
Good deal.

I think what I'm saying is that #41 roller chain is the same thing as 415 chain, but I've never been on the chain gang,

TeddyB

Jan 19, 2008
alto michigan
I think the #41chain is slightley different ,the outside width looks the same but the components are not quite as heavy duty as the 415 resulting in the inner diameter (square) is a little wider . a little more room for the teeth maybe, less hangups I hope .

Ted

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Pablo
If you do a Google search you will find what you are asking about I looked and it took me a while but I found a site but being old and not real computer savoy I can't tell you where exactly to look. but I know there is places try industrial roller chain search and type in #40 #41 #415 etc.for sizes.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I replaced my chain a couple of months ago with an extreme BMX chain. You know the bikes they use for the big jumps or half pipes. If your in need of one quick, find a good high end bike shop. They'll usually carry the chain plus it comes with a master link.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now

Ted
I'm finding that all kinds of chain sizes fit these sprockets...It's good to know where to get cheap replacements with no waiting.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Pablo
good find and it on Azusa's I think one of the go kart parts places I used to visit when playing with the alcohol karts.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
well my chain broke today on the way to work. i tell you what it was hard to get untangled out of the spokes but finnally got it out and pedaled the rest of the way to work. i am in bad shape. i was so out of breath it wasn't funny. ohh well gonna run to tractor supply when i get off and get a new chain. teddy had said the #41 rollar bearing worked well so gonna give it a try. i didnt have time to inspect but i hope the rear wheel on the motorized bicycle is not trashed :rolleyes:

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
This may be too little ,too late but anyways, I have a brand new chain still in the box.
Info on box: K415H..Freestyle-extreme...1/2x3/16 made by KMC. Only problem is that it has 98 links and after trying to put it on, I found that it is about two or three links short.
When I purchased it at my local bicycle shop I thought 20 bucks was OK but now it would seem that it may end up being a 40 buck chain if I have to buy another so that I have enough chain.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I bought one of those but I use it on a twenty inch bike. I was told that it is made for trick bikes which are twenty inch. Even on a twenty I had to add a link from my old chain.'

so if you are going to replace your kit chain you can use a link or two to make it work. It does work just fine that way.