that look

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i been riding motorized bicycles for a long time and one thing that never gets old is the look you get as you go by someone. young or old you get that look of wow, approval, delight, envy and excitement. like a lot of you motorized bicycles has made it possible to enjoy something i loved as kid till i was old enough to buy my first car. at my age now a car is a necessity and not a vehicle of enjoyment and once again the bicycle has become my source of enjoyment and adventure. i have met many people on the bike. they ask you to pull over so they can ask questions. they wind down their window when stopped at a stop light just to ask questions or follow you to a where ever you are going to ask you questions after you stop. i have met more people with the bike then any other way. some would think it would get old answering questions all the time however for me its not. our motorized bicycles are not just something you buy at the store. it is something that we put together, customized and did all the little extra things to make it what it is. think about it. everyone i have ever known has had a bicycle at some point in their life and most of them loved them dearly and like me dreamed about having one with a motor

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
Well said, sir. I also enjoy the variety of people who are itching to know more. I enjoy allotting people time to answer any and every question I may know the answer to...if I dont know an answer I point them to a wonderful treasure trove if information available to everyone everywhere: motorbicycling.com...i look forward, hopefully one day , to running into one of these people on their own motorized bicycle...thats what keeps me going...

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Paul I've had the same happen to me, a couple of years ago on July 4 my wife was working so having the day off I decided to do some riding to some other places I haven't been on a bike. I stopped at a supper market, parked next to the front door and went in to get something to drink. When I returned outside a retired gentleman was looking very closely at my bike, the first things he asked was where did I get and how old was it. When I said its a bicycle and I built it he paused for a second then shook my hand and said "that's cool ".

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i especially like telling them they are not that hard to put together. i spent the first few years after seeing one before i finally decided to try to build one. if someone had told me its not that hard i would have tried a lot sooner.

Scootmeister

Mar 15, 2011
North Carolina
There is a little kid in all of us and some things just naturally bring it out, a trip to the zoo, an animated movie, a visit from a grandkid, or a motorized bicycle!!! I think when spectators see a motorized bike go by it reminds them of their childhood and makes them wish they could experience that childhood again, especially if the MB is a little frivolous. One of mine has a chrome skull on a vintage horn mounted on the front fender, dice valve caps, and a wind-up key on the gastank lid. When I rode it in the Christmas parade, kiddies and grownups alike were intrigued. All of the grownups want to know what year it is and what model of motorbike it is. When I say it's a Murray bicycle , they have a hard time getting their mind around it. As has already been said, a MB gives you an instant connection with strangers, whether it's a question, a thumbs up, or a wave as you whiz by, and that's a pretty cool thing!dance1

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I seem to get a lot of response from older guys. They usually all say, "Is that a Wizzer?" then go on to tell me about the Wizzer and how they remember them from when they were kids. One of my bikes looks old even though it was built from a 09 Schwinn. I wanted it to look like something from an earlier time so I suppose that's what gets their attention. Funny, but when I think about it, I'm probably as old or older than some of those greybeards who question me. Nevertheless, the responses are always positive no matter the age of the person.

Tom

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
I"m 64, a battle scarred defensive lineman. I get an 'Evel' thrill
every time I pedal my little Honda gx35 powered huffy 3 spd past a
spandexter strugglin' up a hill on a $2000 road bike. It's damn near
as much fun as winning my first live poker tourny.cvlt1

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
Wait 'til I hit the road touring with my new Pf4000. I.ve been training hard
and don't mind pedaling, but at my age, with my injuries, a guy needs an edge.

Mr. Minecraft

Visionary
Jan 13, 2012
San Diego
@the original post

This is very true. When I built my first one to I was the only kid who had one within a 5 mile radius. Now I see them all the time. I I love it!

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
I smile whenever I see someone ride by on a motorized bike

Then I wonder if they are on the forum

I always wonder the same thing...ive gotten to the point where I just directly answer questions, and then give interested persons my # and this website. Its definitely fun to see that"look"...

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Yep, I've had that happen a couple times . I get a daily from the guys riding to scooters coming at me. But the koolest & best felling was when dude on his Harley passed me in 35mph zone (I was up to speed) and his girl on the back gave the thumbs up. Ya boys I was High for a min.