HELP! All i did was adjust C clip to top notch, and now Throttle Cable TOO LONG!

GoldenMotor.com

his196

Jun 19, 2011
Thousand Oaks, CA
Ok, so adjusted float to Parrallel;

Adjusted carb C clip to top, engine was bogging;

All else is good, but....

Now, throttle cable seems to be too long!

Can't make it short enough to fit ideal length, all parts considered!

Please help.

REALLY? A 'one notch' adjustment on the C clip, and the cable won't sit right at all?

Way too much play, and no 'action' on the throttle handgrip.

The cable jumps OUT of the seat at the throttle lever position.

Thanks!

Chris:-||:-||:-||

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
VMB is right - that's a good chance. The slotted side of the barrel goes to the "back" (if you're to the left of the bike looking at it) where there is a guidepin. There's a notch, and that goes to the idler screw.

his196

Jun 19, 2011
Thousand Oaks, CA
Yeah, so i actually had it running just at WOT, and the throttle cable wouldn't 'return' to it's seat (spring action type return). Instead, the cable came out of the sheath at the handle.

I think I put the throttle back on incorrectly when I made an adjustment to it's location on the handlebars. (no, my pin broke off, so it doesn't have a true home location).

Anyway, took off throttle and reseated the internal, white plastic rotator that gives it it's 'spring action'...and now at least the cable seats and returns properly, but I certainly have lost the tension/strength of the original action the throttle grip had.

Gonna check it out in a minute, go for a test run.

I know for sure I put the barrel back in properly, as there was really only one way to make it fit.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Will advise...

his196

Jun 19, 2011
Thousand Oaks, CA
OK throttle cable prob. solved: I put the inner plastic ring, that hold the cable at the lever and slides back and forth as you pull the throttle open/closed....

...with the cable coming up into the ring/housing, it's supposed to go up and over, NOT down and under.

Ate right into the plastic. Reversed it, and we're back on track.

MAN does this thing hummm now that I paralleled the float and moved it up a pin!

New problem:

When fuel on/off is in the ON position, fuel pours out of the overflow tube at the bottom of the carb while riding whether idle, mid, or WOT.

When OFF of course, it doesn't leak.

And when in mid-pos. between on and off, I can get as much ride out of it as the fuel in the line and the inline filter, then of course, no more fuel.

How do I get the fuel to NOT pour out of the overflow tube when open?

More importantly, WHY is it doing this?

Thanks to all for your help!

his196

Jun 19, 2011
Thousand Oaks, CA
Ok, problem solved...
Tinkered with the float for about 2 hours last night, couldn't get her to ride, it's like I wasn't getting any fuel...

Well DUH, if you put the needle part in with the needle facing DOWN, toward the float tab, it's UPSIDE DOWN!

Put 'er in right, Needle UP, and viola!

She runs like a charm....now up to about 26 MPH.

Afraid to go or try to go much faster until my spring chain tensioner arrives in a few days...and still breaking her in.

Thanks to all for the advice, help.

Chris