This is priceless episode II

GoldenMotor.com

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
Jim i will be in Orlando in a few weeks.If you can get me the name of the guy who trashed the bike,me and the boys will get the kids money back for him.

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
Please let this be a hoax, I don't want to think I share the planet with intellect and moral standards this low. ......"I call this build The Hoseclampian"

Someone needs to call the Better Business Bureau before somebody dies. That thing is scary.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Does not the builder not get any points for originality? Come on now, even on your drunkest day do you think you could dream up that build! I'll just assume he did it while sober.

rockhopper

Mar 20, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Does not the builder not get any points for originality? Come on now, even on your drunkest day do you think you could dream up that build! I'll just assume he did it while sober.
I have in my possession two small (screw on) hose clamps for possible future emergency use on my motorcycle fuel line. They will only be used as a last resort.

They're the work of the devil.

caduceus

Feb 4, 2009
Frostbite Falls, MN
I have in my possession two small (screw on) hose clamps for possible future emergency use on my motorcycle fuel line. They will only be used as a last resort.

They're the work of the devil.
I totally agree with rockhopper.

Personally, I like large Nylon Zip Ties to carry me through any emergency. Hose clamps leave marks in the finished product and I don't need tools to install them.

About this particular build: It just goes to show that there are a goodly number of people out there with neither morals nor mechanical ability, who are passing themselves off as mechanics. It also shows us that there are a goodly number of people with too much money; who are so ignorant as to pay someone, a complete stranger, half a week's take home pay to butcher a perfectly good bicycle and engine kit.

Fools and their money are thus separated.

Another passing thought.....Maybe the paid "mechanic" was just trying to follow the instructions that came with the kit. Which says a lot about the quality - or lack thereof - of the printed instructions that come with these kits; and of the current state of illiteracy prevalent in the United States today.

Nov 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL
I start to get skeerd when the "mechanic" instantly feels the need to inform me that they are "ASE certified" as if that's the holy grail of mechanicdom. There's no replacement for displacement and no substitute for experience and wisdom.

As for the owner, he knew enough to know that he needed someone else to handle the install. Can't blame him for that. His choice might not have been the best but...

Scary thing is, I LIVE about in the area where the bike was supposedly built, nearby to the epicenter of stupidity! I'd bet the Ignoramus Gieger Counter would be ticking frantically if you turned it on! And NO, I didn't do it! laff

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Come on now! Will the builder of this bike fess up, I'm sure he lurking on this board somewhere.

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Now that might be a aspiring young fella working with all he had at the time. Knew what her wanted and did what was necessary. Next motorcycling engineer, who knows. Some of the stuff I came up with when young was frightening as heck. Now that he sold it makes him a real salesman huh. lol

scottmanesis

Dec 30, 2010
Austin, TX
The name of the builder should have his own thread. Don't let xxxxxxx work on your bike! It wouldn't be slander or anything, the pics are worth a thousand words in most cases, this one may be worth millions of words.

So much so that I might have been tempted to ride it after taking the pictures and having a little spill due to the negligence of the so called mechanic who performed the assembly. Maybe open up my own shop with the proceeds?

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Jim, in better than 40 years of restoring antique furniture I came across my share of what the heck is this. The only one that comes close to that mess is the 25 feet of wire I took out of a kitchen chair. Yes I measured it.

You got me beat hands down with that one for dumb a$$. I have finally lived long enough to see it all.

Steve.
Nah. You got one more thing to see: there's a woodburning pick-up truck that drives through my side of town now and then, looks like something out of Sandford and Son, smoking as it goes.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
There are some truly inspiring builders on this forum. Then there are these shade-tree wrench swingers who do not deserve the name "builder". What happened to taking pride in one's work? I could never, in all my life, in good conscience, charge even a penny for labor like that. Heck, I wouldn't even want my name associated with it. If, heaven forbid, I made a mess like that - I'd find a parking space along a deserted stretch of road, and some dynamite. That is just well and truly Gawd-awful.
Please do not blame the customer in any way, if he rode it at all. The fumes from that high-mounted exhaust would have killed some brain cells and clouded his judgement.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I have no mechanical ability, but I do know that I don't. Delusions of grandeur on this scale speak of a serious need for professional medical help.

...you can't even call it steampunk!
It is some kind of Punk though. Redneck Punk? Rube Goldberg punk? I dunno.