memories

GoldenMotor.com

Tim Mills

Oct 9, 2009
Mississippi
Hello all again just wanted to share with you guys my experience today. well i have been riding my MB for bout a week now and everyday people stop and ask me about it which is cool i love talking about it. Today I was riding through town when an older gentlemen waved me down from his porch i tuned around to talk to him and he was like I haven seen one of those since i was 16 years old. He said he had a Whizzer (I Wish) Any ways it was great talking to him and he was so excited to see it he said he couldnt wait to tell his friends about it. I was thinking to myself it feels great to bring some excitement to someone elses life just by bringing back a memory of his childhood. Well i guess im a big kid cause im having the time of my life with this thing cant wait to build more i already have an almost complete grubee kit cant wait to find my next bike to mount it on. thanks all guys God bless .flg.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Great story......you made that older gentlemans day and sounds you had a pretty darn good one yourself.

Ride safe and good luck with your next build.
Shan

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
This site has rekindled my past: My first ride was on a home built. They used to take a old generator cut the casing out in the center so the armeture run against the tire. It was clamped to the two bars the are behind the seat to the wheel. Then power came from a old briggs washing machine motor 5/8 or 3/4 hp. some with kick start. Belt drive to the generator that had a screen door spring down the the axel to hold it to the wheel with a bar to raise it for a clutch. The first friction drive?
When I was 16 I was lucky enough to buy a Monark twin ran it for a couple years until the motor knocked a rod could not get parts so that was history.
Then I repowerd it with a briggs 11/2 hp belt to the rear wheel pully. Then I traded it for a model A Ford, That was the end untill I found a 60's Bike machine motor a couple years ago and got it going a year ago. Now have plans for a bunch of builds..Curt

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
older gentleman huh? some of us old codgers could take offense to that, just kidding, great story. i turn 60 in about 6 weeks. how the **** did that happen? i was sixteen just yesterday.

captainrichhill

May 31, 2008
older gentleman huh? some of us old codgers could take offense to that, just kidding, great story. i turn 60 in about 6 weeks. how the **** did that happen? i was sixteen just yesterday.
That's awesome! My poor wife, I've been sixteen for quite a while now. I refuse to move on.(grow up)dance1

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
When I used to ride my Norton commando around town I seriously couldn't have picked a bike that got more distinguished gentleman to stop me and tell me stories about the good 'ol days of motorcycles.

Mods vs Rockers and all that stuff.

Tim Mills

Oct 9, 2009
Mississippi
i didnt want to say old fart lol just kidding. I just turned 32, i love listening to stories bout old times, and the expression on this guys face was like a kid at Christmas time. I just got back from iraq and when i finally got my kit in the mail thats the same way i felt just cant wait to have a fleet lol usflg

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
Hello all again just wanted to share with you guys my experience today. well i have been riding my MB for bout a week now and everyday people stop and ask me about it which is cool i love talking about it. Today I was riding through town when an older gentlemen waved me down from his porch i tuned around to talk to him and he was like I haven seen one of those since i was 16 years old. He said he had a Whizzer (I Wish) Any ways it was great talking to him and he was so excited to see it he said he couldnt wait to tell his friends about it. I was thinking to myself it feels great to bring some excitement to someone elses life just by bringing back a memory of his childhood. Well i guess im a big kid cause im having the time of my life with this thing cant wait to build more i already have an almost complete grubee kit cant wait to find my next bike to mount it on. thanks all guys God bless .flg.
thats a great story! my grampa i s always talking about whizzers!

Sam