Zippycycles

GoldenMotor.com

Lisa Smith

Jun 3, 2008
Houston, Tx
www.lldreamspell.com
I didn't know which place to ask this question, but I need input on buying either the 49CC or the 80CC kit from Zippycycles. (I'm looking for the frame mount type, not the ones that sit up top) Does anyone know...is Brad a good guy to buy from? Are his engines good ones? I don't want to get something that will break down on us the first week as hubby has informed me that he does NOT want to be constantly making repairs so I BETTER pick high quality kits. I wrote Chris Hill yesterday but he didn't respond, or at least not yet--but I have a feeling that shipping down here to the bottom of Texas will eat us alive ordering from him and also, I'm not sure we can get away with installing an 80cc engine. I'm a bit worried about the laws now after reading this forum. I figured the 49cc would be easier to pass off to our friendly law enforcement officers. Any advice is MOST WELCOME.

THANKS!!!

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
The 80's are actually 67cc. Thats what I run. When asked by an officer what size engine it is I tell them it is a 38cc.:D Norman has some metal stamping dies and stamps his 38cc. It would be really hard for them to tell the difference....................

Lisa Smith

Jun 3, 2008
Houston, Tx
www.lldreamspell.com
Well that is good to know as I think my hubby wants the larger engine so we can take a trip to Austin on the bikes.

I am GOING CRAZY trying to choose who to order from. I don't want to order the cheaper kits that I have to change out the gaskets, bolts, and everything else on. I'd rather pay more and know that someone else has already upgraded everything. Someone with far more knowledge than we have!

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Thatsdax is a dealer with a very good reputation for service after the sale. He is one of the sponsors on the left of the page...........................

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
All of the kits are pretty much the same as far as gaskets ect. dax is good with his service after the sale. There are a few few I'd NOT recommend you buy from, PM me if you want to know those.