How do you split the cases?

GoldenMotor.com

motorman

May 31, 2008
Wisconsin
After a week of cussing......I discovered a bearing fell apart on the crank. How do you pull apart the cases? Everything else is stripped down however I cannot manage to dissasemble the gear side from the clutch side. Help!!!!

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Go to the classic posts. There is a thread there Norman did a complete tear down. He took pictures and wrote down instructions. Very informative. ............................

motorman

May 31, 2008
Wisconsin
The problem is there are too many classic posts. By the time I find it the bicycle will have to be put away and the snowblower will take it's place in the garage. Wisconsin summers are short so I would like to get as much riding time in as possible. Does anyone else know how to split these two cases without damaging the heck out of it?

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Hey thanks for finding the link for him. I was at work and didn't have time to find it. I just now got home and was going to look it up and viola'. You already looked it up. Thats what I like about this forum. Lots of helpful people......................

motorman

May 31, 2008
Wisconsin
Thank you Gentleman. I had to go to Fleet Farm and purchase a small gear puller. Amazing how tight those gears are. Now for the bad news:

-1 magneto side bearing destroyed
-Magneto side seal is junk
-Too many parts and pieces laying on my workbench

Now for the good news:

I saved money on my car insurance by switching to Geico. Other than that I am not a happy camper. Hopefully I can find the parts locally instead of having to wait for it to be shipped. Thanks again for the assistance.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
advance auto might have all the parts you need bearing and seal if the parts people are good at helping the customers and most stores are. I'm not at home and I did list seal numbers and bearing sizes but i don't have them with me they might be on this forum on the complete engine tear down post I hope, I've done a bunch of stuff on here and I've lost track of what I've done. Good luck the hard part is getting a good gasket made when going back together if you run into problems I'll be home on the 8th of june and will be in a better spot to help you with problems my kids computer and I don't seem to get along.