Ask a specific question

GoldenMotor.com

ran49

Mar 5, 2008
So.In.
In another thread I was b#tching about the motor sprocket/chain fit.Well I just ordered a new sprocket from Dax.When I was working on the initial sprocket I tried to remove it and it didn't want to slip over the shaft threads.Not wanting to force it or strip threads I just worked on it in place.I noticed the pin or key but that didn't seem to be holding it.Is it suppose to just slip off over the threads or do I need a puller.Thanks,Ron

Last edited by a moderator:

ran49

Mar 5, 2008
So.In.
Thanks Ilikeabikea
I can see Norman is using some sort of puller but I'm still not clear on this.Can I get another hint?Ron

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
You should have gotten one with your kit.

I have a couple extras around here somewhere, I will gladly ship you one for the price of postage....5 bucks I think would do it.

ran49

Mar 5, 2008
So.In.
Thanks guys
Hey I have one of those.I guess it supposed to be obvious what that little gizmo is meant for.Not to me.I thought is was a part that fell off a Chinese mill on the factory floor.Ron

ran49

Mar 5, 2008
So.In.
Well due to the hype,I just had to run out and buy a NGK B5SH plug.Any excuse to spend more money on this project,even though it ran great on the original plug.**** $2.00,I can live with that The question is:What gap do you guys put on the NGK.The original was gaped at about .03.I was going to replace the wire but when I looked at it I could see it was copper.Can"t do much better than that can you? Thanks, Ron

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Ran49
When you use your puller if you have some use a light coating of never seize on its threads or motor oil to help prevent it from galling the threads. Pablo gave you the gap for the plug but I'll add use what works the best even if you have to gap it a little closer. We had an 1100hp industrial engine that used 0.017 plug gap. But the 0.020 to 0.022 works good.
Norman

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Regardless of what the plug wire is made of, you can do an improvement to your spark with a good 7mm wire and new cap.

Good wire/caps give a better spark than the China co. engine parts.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
is this tool you all are talking about a thing that looks like a cheap spark plug removing tool? could you post a picture of it. i am afraid i may have thrown it away :rolleyes:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
thanks. nope i didn't get one of them either. dax has one for 7.99 if i get where i need one. i just checked

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Just make sure when you use it, you oil it up reeeel good.

The threads are fine and look a bit delicate.

Last edited: