Local Cops and top speed

GoldenMotor.com

thepolarpandabear

Jun 11, 2011
Michigan
Hey everyone after i had a 3 hour talk with the sos the other day I decided to take a ride. seen a cop lookin for speeding cars, me being me I rode up and asked him if he would clock my top speed surprisingly he said yea.

I start down the road about a mile away, there was a light wind gusting to about 15 mph, as I zoom past and turn around dogging cars I see his face (0_0)...I thought I was going 15 at the most but he showed me 25 ;) xct2

Is there any to increase me top speed with out changing my sprocket. I cross bridges regularly and I need the torque to get up the hill

Ruby478

Apr 2, 2011
Dallas,Tx
boost bottle, expansion exhaust , high compression head,dellotro carb, and upgraded air filter ........... it'll put u from 25-30 maybe more ...... i did this to mine and im a big guy 260 lbs and i run all this on a 80/66 cc 2 stroke, stock parts i topped out at 34mph, with upgrades i top at 44 if were to change the sprocket from 44 to 36 teeth i could get close or up to 50 mph .......... you can also get a jack shaft i dont have one but you can get one

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Just an idea, are you using the wheel bearings that came with the bike? There made for 10 -12 mph tops. How is the junk in them they call grease? Checked that? (c)

thepolarpandabear

Jun 11, 2011
Michigan
Just an idea, are you using the wheel bearings that came with the bike? There made for 10 -12 mph tops. How is the junk in them they call grease? Checked that? (c)
Ive had sooo much trouble with wheels and sidewalks and other things since ive got the kit, ive learned not to ride so hard. Ill check over the winter but not now.

FarRider

Jun 8, 2011
Brooklyn N.Y.
Lol... I spend most of my time on the road trying NOT to be clocked by the cops.
Ill put my faith in my trusty Specialized electronic speedometer and stick to the less traveled side streets.
As far as wheel/tire/hub problems go, I think ive been very lucky.
Start out with good parts in the first place, that helps alot, I swear by Shimano XT hubs, good deep "V" cross section dual walled rims, stainless steel spokes with alloy nipples with a drop of blue loctite in each nipple, allow it to dry over night before assembly, I find after the first re truing they stay straighter longer.
Some one should give Avid Brakes an award for there BB7 mechanical disc brakes. I use the big 203mm rotors and I
know those puppys have saved my life more than once, no way rim brakes can perform as well.
The 6 "P"s-
Prior preparation prevents piss poor performance.
FR
"Remember the fallen, 9/11/11"

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I raced through a radar trap doing 30 mph. The cop waved at me. Thre speed limit was 30mph.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Dude sure did get lucky. If I were to ask a cop around here to clock me, he might smile real big and say "Sure I'll clock you". That'd be my cue to hold back on the throttle a bit, and later try to find out my top speed some other way.

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
I got lucky and found an awesome cop here in town. I was going down main street WOT doing about 29-30MPH, and up ahead hes waiting there in the school zone, I went ahead rode passed him then I turned back around and started going back WOT 29-30, when the header from my Xchamber fell off and my bike took off like crazy. So I pulled over to fix the problem when I look behind me and he was walking towards me, to my surprise he was grinning ear to ear, then he said with excitement like he was the one that did it. DUDE YOU HIT 37!!!!! Anyways he asked why I was going that speed so I showed him the header and he said, oh ok probably sucked some fresh air and thats what gave you the boost. That was the best cop I ever met, now whenever we pass each other we wave. I'll probably ask him some time to clock me, I can hit around 38 now, we'll see if my speedo is good.