double leg kickstand

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I bought a couple from bikeworldusa a few years ago, but I have seen since that a few of our vendors here carry them. I imagine the difference in price between one vendor and another is not all that great. What I do know is that they sure work nice as long as the legs of the stand have enough reach to lift the bike. Not all bikes are the same distance from the ground from where it attaches. I've had a couple bikes they don't work on. What is your bike?
SB

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I have one from Lowrider.com that is real nice. It has a nice heavy spring on it and rubber tips on the ends. I paid $19.95 for it. The bike is being built so I can't say yet how good it works.

Terry

Buzzard

Jul 9, 2008
Lincoln, NE
I have the center kick stands on both of my bikes and really like them. It supports the bikes a lot more with the motors on them. They don't fall over like the old style. If you get one make sure it has the adjustable legs with the rubber tips. You can adjust the height to hold the bike up or make the adjusters longer and get the rear wheel off the ground to work on. I bought both of mine on ebay.
buzzard

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I have the center kick stands on both of my bikes and really like them. It supports the bikes a lot more with the motors on them. They don't fall over like the old style. If you get one make sure it has the adjustable legs with the rubber tips. You can adjust the height to hold the bike up or make the adjusters longer and get the rear wheel off the ground to work on. I bought both of mine on ebay.
buzzard
Hey Buzzard!
How's your summer been? And how's the Mrs.? My center stands don't adjust and I wish they did. I didn't even know there were adjustable ones. Good to know...
SB

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
these are nice (they look good and strong),,,
I don'town them, but I do have them on my wishlist ;)
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
Yes, that's the one I want for my Motorbike build. Before I changed the front fork to a Whizzer suspension fork I had a double leg kickstand on a 50 Schwinn. It worked great and was very stable, but after the change in forks the legs no longer touched the ground when the bike was parked. Neither would the original side kickstand, so I had to fabricate a drop stand from the back. It works, but has to be fixed into position by hand when not holding the bike up. Being able to adjust the legs on this one would be the answer. Awesome! Thank you Buzzard and Bill. I'm gonna ask Santa Claus for one of these. I've been good.
SB

Noped

Apr 21, 2010
Natchez, ms
Hi,
are either of your two bikes Cruisers? i bought a center stand locally and it did not work as it hung down too low in the up position and also wobbled side to side. no one online so far will give me assurance that theirs will fit my Schwinn; it has a single hole mounting plate behind the bottom bracket.
any advice?

thanks

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I have a center stand from bikeworldusa which has been mounted on a 63 Schwinn and now a 51 Schwinn. There's room. Since the last posting in this thread I have purchased two of the center stands with telescopic legs from Piston Bikes and they are above and beyond anything else I've seen. Very sturdy and well worth the money. On my Schwinn Motorbike build I used a Whizzer front fork and the bikeworldusa stand no longer reached the ground. This one does and is more stable with two return springs. I bought the second one for a friend's 49 Schwinn Panther. If you can spend a little more the one with telescopic legs is well worth it.
SB

Noped

Apr 21, 2010
Natchez, ms
Thanks SB; i love the adjustableness of it and will soon order. i appreciate you for responding.

be seeing you
Let me first thank everybody for helping me out with this decision; you all are very much appreciated.

I bought the adjustable leg model off of Feebay from CROW CYCLES and it's perfect! with shipping it amounted to just under 30 bucks. it has two springs and very solidly made with complete lines of welding, not just spot weld like the one i returned to a local bike shop; i am very pleased :)

thanks again fellers