Bell Bicycle Tires

GoldenMotor.com

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Hi all y'all,
I'm thinking of buying these tires for two reasons.....
1. Cheap
2. Tread design
$12.99 @ WallyWorld and they happen to have them in stock......I've no experience with them and am wondering if there might be a better type tire for my bike....have enclosed snaps of the bike itself and the tire.....I ride 95% of the time on the streets ...but in my neighborhood backroads there's some cobblestone .....thus why I'm asking about the tread design as I don't want to bust my ass..any feedback would be much obliged y'all......and BTW the bike is pretty darn fast.....for a 49cc....about 33 MPH...

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

Attachments

Last edited:

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
I have a bell tire sitting on my tool box from wally world, Im keeping it as a backup for my front. If you do 95% of your riding on the street Id go more for a road tread if it were me. You cant beat the price on that tire plus the tread looks deep for wear. They make 50/50 road off road treads and that would be my choice. Theres a reason they have road treads vs off road treads. I know on my klr650 m/c knobbys sucked on the street as far as grip and ride.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
I have a bell tire sitting on my tool box from wally world, Im keeping it as a backup for my front. If you do 95% of your riding on the street Id go more for a road tread if it were me. You cant beat the price on that tire plus the tread looks deep for wear. They make 50/50 road off road treads and that would be my choice. Theres a reason they have road treads vs off road treads. I know on my klr650 m/c knobbys sucked on the street as far as grip and ride.

That's good advice Bandito.....wonder why Bell calls it a street cruiser tire ?......I'll try some of the bike shops around town ....and guess I'll have to pay and arm and a leg....or find some good ones online..

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Try niagracycle or nashbar salty. The perfect rear tire for my friction drive I found at niagra for $9 a tire, good selection of tubes too.

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
i ran one of those tires not to long ago, the tires lasted a loooong time, the key is more tread close together, so thats a good tire for what it is, i dont care for the look of theose half street/dirt tires or i would try them out, but thats just me

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
i ran one of those tires not to long ago, the tires lasted a loooong time, the key is more tread close together, so thats a good tire for what it is, i dont care for the look of theose half street/dirt tires or i would try them out, but thats just me

I think I'll buy one and see how I like it since they're cheap and I won't have to wait on a delivery and pay shipping.....thanks for advice guys.....

Laters,
Salty.shft.