Bike RUNS!!!!!!!!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Pardon the expression but it goes like a red raped ape!!

Holy gizmolley....stuck the new carb on, turned the fuel on, dropped the clutch and whammo. It sounds WAY better on idle. I mean it sounds great.

It revs free and easy and much better sounding. I used nothing to seal the carb to the intake manifold. Just slapped the carb on. There are some subtle visual differences in the carb. but I didn't open it up......why?

Anyway it pulls strong - has way much torque. 35°F and snowing and raining so I didn't ride far, but after all this time my bike really goes!!!!!!!!(^)

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I think the old carb had a missing or blown gasket somewhere... I can't wait to find out so I'll know when it happens to me.

Gee whiz pablo when mine finally fired up, and I rode it around the block, I like to have broke my arm patting myself on the back. Of course I also said thank you to norman about a hundred times.

If anyone has to put in rings, Norman told me the secret and guys listen to it. I broke two because I couldn't get an answer from a bunch of guys who knew. If you need to do that kind of thing ASK here. People here will help you. They won't send you off to read a hundred thousand words they will just help you. And send you right to the information. If its already here.

This place is friendly, helpful and organized so for gods sake ask don't guess.

Last edited:

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
I think the old carb had a missing or blown gasket somewhere...

This place is friendly, helpful and organized so for gods sake ask don't guess.
I don't think any gaskets are "missing"....but I do want Norman to see it.

This site is great. No fear of being attacked or anything. You guys kept me centered, and I had a enough sense to get the right part the first time.

SeattleMike

Mar 17, 2008
Seattle, WA
This site is great. No fear of being attacked or anything. You guys kept me centered, and I had a enough sense to get the right part the first time.
This site is absolutely great. You guys honestly answer my newbie questions, and my tough questions too. It's very helpful and fun!

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
You guys need chains or studs so you can ride in the snow and ice. I saw where up north they race on ice with sheet metal home made studs in the tires looks like fun to me I used to race my bicycle with the neighborhood kids on our pond when we weren't playing a game of outlaw hockey where anything goes.
Norman

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Them ain't home made sheet metal screws, thems is expensive studs. The serious guys use actual spikes that are made or put into the carcass of the tire.

Well, we did use some sheet metal screws once, but they didn't work real well.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Well, we did use some sheet metal screws once, but they didn't work real well.

I can imagine... I thought about using them on a friction wheel but was afraid the heads would wear out and reek havoc on my tire. Most likely in the worst possible place as well. Still might buy a kevlar tire and give that a shot.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
I am Glad that new carb is working well for you. They are great carbs for sure. Only the best will do. Also.. What mix ratio and version Amsoil are you using? Let me know..thanks...and...Enjoy the ride...