I gave away my motorized bike

GoldenMotor.com

spanners

Oct 5, 2011
east coast Australia
In Australia the laws on motorized bikes ,I don't think anyone is shore what they are. A mate of mine who lives in the country needed a bike for short 5K trip to work , so I gave him my beloved motorized bike as he would most likely have any trouble with cops. I was sad to see it go as I gave me many miles of fun. There was a no money spared in the build I just wanted the best bike I could build. I missed that bike so much ,I knew I had to get on two wheels again. After a couple of weeks bike less I bit the bullet and went looking for a bike. It didn't take to long and decided on a Honda VTR1000 fantastic bikes.
Being only a smallish bloke the bike is very heavy and very fast. I'm very happy to be on two wheels again. I wont be leaving the forum just because I don't have one at the moment
have a great day
Spanners

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
With economies struggling around the world, it is too bad the lawmakers can't see that these bikes can help many people find and keep jobs, save money and fuel, reduce traffic congestion and be a great help to the populations they supposedly represent.
They ought to make a law that allows these bikes as long as they stay below 30mph.
Break that speed limit once, you get a warning, the second time they confiscate the bike.
I could live with a compromise like that.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
I'm sorry man.. since you no longer have a motorized bike.. I don't think we can allow you to keep posting here............

JK! Nice literbike. I know what you mean by being happy back on two wheels again. Good for you! But now you can take it easy and start planning your next build. Sometimes I wish I could get rid of my bike just so I could start another build, but then I'd miss riding it.

spanners

Oct 5, 2011
east coast Australia
Thanks guys
Yes I will miss my motorized bike, I managed to do about three thousand K's on the bike before they got to hot to ride around . Now I'm even more worried about police. Try ridding a 1000cc at 50 or 60 KPH, it dose not like it, at about 100KPH and it starts running at a reasonable temp. I car'nt say I don't love the bike just the raw HP is something to behold I don't think I'll every get use to it. I put the pipes on myself and some gold clutch and brake levers as well as some gold bar ends.I also ordered a tinted screen witch turned up in little bitts, hopefully the next one makes it in one unbroken mess.
Cheers spanners

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Now I'm even more worried about police. Try ridding a 1000cc at 50 or 60 KPH, it dose not like it, at about 100KPH and it starts running at a reasonable temp.
Yeah that is what scares me about buying another MC.. The higher speeds. 60kph is usually the highest I will do and that's fine.. An MC for me is danger.. I'd crash at 140kph my first week on it. I would buy a lower cc one though.. Maybe an old school cb550 or something...

motoringbike

Jan 28, 2014
CDN
Seriously, I havent heard of anyone, no one at all being harassed or ticketed for a powered bicycle. Even the gassers. Electric is the way to go for pathways, gasser is the way to go for on street.

Unless you are doing wheelies up and down Main Street, in front of the cop shop there will rarely if ever be a problem.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Rules and regs in Australia are very severe on our types of machines. Just say'n.

spanners

Oct 5, 2011
east coast Australia
When it was sort of ok to ride them on the road ,the power limit was 200 watts I think my bike with all the work done to it was a least 800 watts. So really they were never ok to use on the road here. Any police that wanted you off the road for what ever reason could do it ,not a problem.
cheers spanners

motoringbike

Jan 28, 2014
CDN
Im rocking out at 3000w nominal, 6kw max, I got the MXUS 3000W Version 2, 45mm Stator.
Direct Drive is so quiet, its just the size of the hub thats the give-away, but I use Panniers just to hide it.