Micargi, Good, Bad?

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Is anyone using the Micargi Bike as an MB? They certainly have some interesting offerings and the prices are not bad. Give me your opinions if you have any experience with this brand.
Tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Maybe I've just answered my own question. I'll post this for everyone to read...just in case.
Micargi Tahiti 26" Beach Cruiser Male CONSUMER WARNING - BUYER BEWARE (details below)
Tom

The above link has expired but what it said was that company that was a dealer would no longer sell Micargi due to poor quality and bad customer service after the sale from the factory. The focused on bent and broken frames, even on new bikes and these weren't motorized; just pedal powered. Sheeesh!
Tom

Last edited:

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I built one Micargi for a customer... the frame cracked in so many different places, that the guy eventually paid me to put everything on a Schwinn frame!!

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
From the sounds of things I had better keep a close eye on the welded joints on this Macargi.
Damn, I thought it was an awfully good looking bike for the money. It is awfully hard to find a reasonable bike anymore that isn't made in China. I picked up a high dollar used, Giant Brand Mt. bike
the other day on craigslist. I think it was oridinally about a $400 bike. Got it for $50. The sticker on it said designed in the U.S.A. Made in China.

John

Attachments

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I built one Micargi for a customer... the frame cracked in so many different places, that the guy eventually paid me to put everything on a Schwinn frame!!
Hey V.B. just out of curiosity, what did the guy weight? I was thinking about selling the one I built but now I don't know whether to chance it. Hate to have it break on someone!

John

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I like my Micargi 7 speed Panther- although the paint was nowhere near the silver metallic blue I thought I was getting- veruy dark- almost purple-
The frame is light and no problems- the 7 speed hub was notched on the other side and the motor kit sprocket went over it fitting PERFECTLY and stopping at the stop, 1/8" from the flange and away from the spokes- so the multi-speed at least was an easy mount-

i've changed a lot around in over 2 1/2 years - Shock fork, alloy MX bars-
no complaints- the bike flies with a 66, 36 sprock, billet intake and speed carb