Yet another mixture thread, or...? (Starting problems)

GoldenMotor.com

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
No worries, Tera, I understand what you meant (re: bashing).

Congrats on getting it sorted. These little motors can be moody sometimes, and no two are alike.

Teratoma

Apr 24, 2014
Arizona
I knew this would be a learning experience, a new hobby and labor of love. It's like having a great new toy, but I also got it for transportation. I thoroughly believe that if I learn how to take care of Lola and keep her optimized that I'll be able to rely on her like a cowboy relies on his horse!

Obviously I'm a noob to the mechanical side of this but I'm a bit of a tech-head, so I understand how to teach myself and learn. So far it's been enjoyable with an altogether acceptable fun : problems ratio.

The great secret I've discovered is just how cost-effective it is. Replacing any individual part is dirt cheap - even the bike itself or engine is less than $100. Not to mention the low fuel costs.

And even if I didn't want to spend time getting dirty and working on the bike myself, there are plenty of pros around here that could keep me on the road for reasonable rates.

Guess it's not such a secret - I see more and more of these all the time.

And I get admiring stares and thumbs up from people all the time. The best was a white-haired Chinese lady in a car next to me at a light who just seemed mesmerized!

r.ly.

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
Thanks for that Map!

And let me just say that Lola and I just got back from one freakin' EPIC ride - and more importantly - PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

I filled the tank with a mixture close to about 40:1 give or take, and went for a 20-or-so mile ride up into the foothills, with a few substantial changes in elevation.

She started right up, and pretty much SCREAMED and PURRED the whole way instead of sputtering or lagging like she's been doing.

Absolutely gorgeous night for a ride - and I'm just giddy that it was such an easy fix!
Thanks to all of you for your help and for welcoming me here.

Much love!
It's great to hear Lola is now purring , my cruiser Bella is quite the temperamental lady and for the first few weeks if everything wasn't as she wanted it she would get upset and refuse to work , over a few weeks/ months you will get to know Lola's temperament and essentially you will become companions in such a way that she will know what you ask of her and you will know what she asks of you , yes sometimes things will go wrong but from a person that up until my last build had absolutely no experience with 2strokes these guys have my 10/10 vote for help , they have given me the courage and knowledge to completely strip my motor down to the bare bones and put her back together without missing a beat.

I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say it is a joy to have another member with such a great attitude sharing their tale with their build

It would be fantastic if you could share some pics of her

Edit >>> I just looked at your album ,she is one sweet looking ride my friend :)

Kindest regards Henshooter

Last edited:

Teratoma

Apr 24, 2014
Arizona
Aww, thanks so much Henshooter (great avatar btw!) ...yes, what you're describing is exactly what I'm experiencing. All she needs is a little attention and tlc each day. Just like my cat!

And thanks for checking out my pics - it's funny how a simple machine can instill such a sense of pride, huh?