Ask a specific question

GoldenMotor.com

Prasinos

Dec 1, 2008
California
when buying a fuel filter can a standard car fuel filter work even though designed for unmixed fuel? I see no reason why it shouldent due to the fact that they are designed for such high flow the oil shouldent get filtered out.

Prasinos

Dec 1, 2008
California
Chevron and all other gas stations all use the same gasoline. This is because no gas vendor uses a private pipeline system. Basically the only differences between vendors are the chemicals added to the gas by the companies at the stations. These additives are designed to do anything from cleaning fuel injectors to preventing carbon buildup. They do little to nothing for complicated modern engines and they surely would not effect a little two stroke.

Personally I buy the cheapest gas I find, but if it makes you feel better paying a little extra for name brand, at around 150mpg I don't think its gonna break the bank.

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
Chevron and all other gas stations all use the same gasoline. This is because no gas vendor uses a private pipeline system. Basically the only differences between vendors are the chemicals added to the gas by the companies at the stations. These additives are designed to do anything from cleaning fuel injectors to preventing carbon buildup. They do little to nothing for complicated modern engines and they surely would not effect a little two stroke.

Personally I buy the cheapest gas I find, but if it makes you feel better paying a little extra for name brand, at around 150mpg I don't think its gonna break the bank.
I beleive these motors were built to run in countrys where their fuel is the cheapest fuel and lowest quality around.....So I use the lowest octane gas I can get 87 octane.....
Paul....

Prasinos

Dec 1, 2008
California
My post explained that all gasoline sold in the United States is the same quality, because the pipelines throughout America do not pump each companies gas separately.

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
My post explained that all gasoline sold in the United States is the same quality, because the pipelines throughout America do not pump each companies gas separately.
Yes, I understood it....I was just explaining that they were made to use low octane fuel and really no need to use high octane fuel in them unless you have ultra high compression.....Sorry for the mis understanding....

Paul.....

Prasinos

Dec 1, 2008
California
Hey has anyone been able to measure the voltage coming off of their motor. The multi meter i use cant read the voltage even with a 2200 micro farad capacitor connected to it. After hooking up some lights and having them fail i think the engine might put out more than 7.5 volts.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
its an ac voltage best I can tell if you all want lights I can start selling them again I didn't get much in responce last year and they take me a lot of work to make all of its powered off the white wire or I can sell you all just the bulb then the light fixture is up to you.
Norman

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas
Norman id like to have one of those lights i email you but i guess you haven't seen that. whats the cost on the light or just the bulb.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I want to know how/when can I start a thread
You can start a new thread whenever you would like.

When you decide on which forum you would like to start a new thread in, at the top (above "threads in this forum") you will see a sprocket that says "New Thread"

Click on that enter the title of your thread and type away.

If I did not explain it clear enough, just ask again.

Here is a pic of the New Thread sprocket.

Attachments

Ronzworld

Feb 21, 2014
Regina,Saskatchewan
anyone try one of the reed kits or walbro carbs from JNMotors ? Just wondering what they are like ... I have had some experience with these carbs a few years back on snowmoble engines and had good adjustability with the needle jets ...

Anyway I have a stage 2 kit ordered w/reed valve set up so I will keep you posted

Ride with Pride !!
Ron.