Rear bike rack

GoldenMotor.com

cool

May 23, 2012
Vancouver
Wanting to make a rear bike rack for items to store instead of using my back pack all the time. Anybody have plans for a DIY bike rack or trailer? Thanks!

Cool..trlrl.

cool

May 23, 2012
Vancouver
Nice idea for recycling scrap professor! Now if only could acquire the skills to weld haha.

Thanks for the plans BigBlue looks like a real cheap way to get the job done! Best plans i've see so far haha. Awesome.

Thanks again guys,

Cool.

xenodius

May 23, 2012
Spokane, WA
I have a luggage rack on the back of my bike, and I just bungee down a milk crate (the kind that 4x gallons are delivered in) when I take things around. They're light, and between a bungee and the spring on the rack it holds everything tight.

xenodius

May 23, 2012
Spokane, WA
I don't have a picture, but it was one like this, but square. Plenty of holes to bungee down on! I'm surprised you haven't seen a moped or cyclist doing that yet, maybe it's a Spokane thing? I see them all the time! =)

Last edited:

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee

zatdattyo

Apr 13, 2012
Tennessee
I actually used the old original bike rack that was on that old farm cruser I revamped into....Da Da Da Daaaaaaaa..."ZAT'S MOTOR GOOSE" Then I went down to the Army surplus store and found a slue of packs and Carry alls and tool bags and ammo bags and packs. ITS A SMORGASBOARD OF BAGGERY! And cheep too! $12.00 a bag! Well I bought two bags where the top flaps over then buttons on each side of the bag corners. I believe they held marker lights, Got about a 5" U.S. stencled in the center of the bag. Looks cool as H$ll. Then velcro'd the tops together and hung the buggers over the rack like THEM THAR COWBOYS DO! So when I figure out how to get a picture from my Iphone to here ill post pic's of the old motor Goose.

mrchimpo

Jun 13, 2012
portland, or
I am in the proccess of mounting duel large rectangular milk crates to the seat mounted heavy duty rear rack of my bicycle. I want to mount the racks so they ride as low as possible to leave open backpack space above the racks. Im posting pics soon