California

GoldenMotor.com

deadmousefetish

Mar 8, 2012
California
Hello
Just another new guy from CA. Working on a beach cruiser with a two stroke china kit. The cruiser is a Modena three speed. The kit the engine came with does not fit on the bicycle. I am working with someone on mounts from another board I joined. I am hoping to mount the engine this month. so, Hey. I am some guy.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Welcome to the forum! There are a few companies that sell oversize front mounts which will help your install go smoothly.

With a lil bit of ingenuity you can make one yourself out of some muffler clamps and a bracket with a few holes, too :D

deadmousefetish

Mar 8, 2012
California
I bought mounts from ebay last month, but then a really nice guy pointed out that they would not be so good. Turns out he makes these things and I am working with him to make me some. As I need both mounts.

Whistle Tip

Feb 20, 2012
Orange County, CA
Gnarly man, i want to eventually get a kit and work with getting around town for cheap, but i gotta get the time to try my own shot at a kit, but honestly if you use it to get to work or anywhere at that... you could probably save some cash considering how terrible prices are for gas in california haha. Good luck!
.cs.

deadmousefetish

Mar 8, 2012
California
My commute is very short as I work from home. I am really just doing this because it is fun. I have owned many forms of two wheeled transportation. This is my first motorized bicycle. It looks like a blast to ride. I am planing to make another one after this one so if a friend visits I got an extra.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I don't really understand how tumblr works, but I did see a pic of a bike that just needed the wide tube frame adapter... but if u got a friend that sells em and does all that stuff, best not to confuse things with how we build 'em here???

Too many cooks in the kitchen, and all that...

You should be all smiles flying down the boulevard at 100+mpg in a few days!

Good luck
rc