Schwinn Bobber

GoldenMotor.com

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Here are a couple of pics of my recently completed Point Beach bobber. Put about 10mi on it this afternoon breaking in the engine. Its really is a fine ride. All it needs now is final paint. Will ride it a while first. The build is in DIY if anyone is interested

Attachments

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
That IS nice CB2 !
Finally got yer 'shifter fix' taken care off, huh? lol
Are yah gonna send the lever mechanism off to the chrome shop?

...I been looking at some youtube vids on nickel plating... doesn't seem to be too difficult.
yah, I know, famous last words... lol

Best
rc

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Thanks RC! Ya know I always wanted a chrome shifter, but my Scottish ancestry dicates I will probably go the black painted route. Just happy I finally got one-lol. Nickel plating would be cool. Got a link? I have a friend that used to seriously restore M/Cs and he cad plated and alodined a lot of small parts as the correct finish. As I remember it was too difficult.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
lol

yah, i'm on the edgy side of thrifty...

Here's the one that I happened across. young feller sprucing up his car.
It doesn't start out with the essentials, but his vid for that can probably be rooted out fairly quickly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcz8Py7bjzQ&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLB2083BEAC6B8BBAF

with the chems in solution and a little juice, he seems to be doing the work in minutes! I'm sure there's a bit more to it, but it's basically simple to accomplish.

I'm off on a tangent now, to build a small scrap metal foundry and try a bit of lost wax investment casting... fun stuff!

Best
rc