26" La Jolla

GoldenMotor.com

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
It has been done with a China girl, but it was a difficult install. Oversized downtube requires an oversized front engine mount. You must buy an intake manifold that offsets the carb to the side of the seat tube or make your own. Some aluminum frames crack after being motorized.
If you really like that La Jolla, I would consider a rear mounted friction drive setup, IMHO.

foundmydog

Oct 17, 2011
South Carolina, USA
I had a rear mounted friction drive on my La Jolla....

It was a huge Titan 50cc hanging off it and never let me down. The bike actually kept up well and never let me down.

Quite comfortable for me being 6' 2" tall as well!

Rear hub needed regreasing at about ~100 miles or so, but very easily handled in less then 30 minutes time.

burnt_toast

Dec 15, 2011
TX
hey donb,
have you seen this La Jolla?

The black one on Walmart the one in my intro thread, it looks like the front tube is smaller, maybe better motor fitment?

Just a thought, not sure how far along you are on your build.

Attachments

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I was just looking at that bike at w/m yesterday.It looks really cool.you might need an offset intake manifold but they are pretty easy to find and dont cost much.I really dont see much of a problem here.

donb4103

Oct 7, 2011
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Yes I saw it there. I was going to get it but I am getting tired of everything I build being black! I really like the copper color and I like the challenge of the front mount.

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
all you have to do is drill a hole through it.How hard is that?from looking at the pics you might be able to get away with just using longer studs for the front mount.it looks good with a black motor.I think black rims would look better than silver though.

Last edited: