oldguys experiences

GoldenMotor.com

oldguy

Sep 12, 2008
Missouri
Started out biking with a pre-war bicycle in 1946. Removed the fenders and added a 2 speed shift. The went to riding motorcycles when I was old enough. Went back to bicycles when I had to do exercise for medical reasons. Did a good bit of that until recently when I discovered the world of motorbiking and could almost not wait until I did something. Got a GEBE system and installed it on my bike. 700C rims and wheels did not work out so well so I got somepurpose built 26" wheels and then went looking for a bike to fit. Found a bike that fit well that was new but had been around a bike shop for some time so I got a good deal and have not looked back. Have spent a lot of time looking at forums and have learned a lot. I really appreciate that there are groups like these around to help a noobie get oriented.

oldguy

Sep 12, 2008
Missouri
I am living down at the Lake of the Ozarks. Need the motor to get up and around the hills. Independence is a cool place. I have done all the Truman stuff. You also have a cooper making custom barrels - neat. Too bad Stevensons is gone - will miss the good food.

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
Yeah, Independence is ok, I like what they've done with the square. I'd like to ride around up there some Sunday, but the police department is just 2 blocks off the square....