Ice Rider

GoldenMotor.com

tim turbo

Nov 18, 2009
fergus falls mn.
I see where your going with your questions, it is for rideing on icey snow packed roads, so the tires are 1.95 mountain bike tires with home made studs. Used to do this with motorcycle tires back in the day.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
A member here, can't recall who it was, made some studded tires for his motor bike last winter. Maybe BarelyAwake can find that thread, he seems to have amazing skills like that.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
o_O lol

http://motorbicycling.com/f3/made-my-own-studded-snow-tires-5439.html

While I've still not bothered to do this myself, I was yappin' with a buddy that works at the local bike shop about this and he had what I thought to be a pretty good tip - takin' the same sized street tire & cutting the bead ofn' it, then stuffin' it in the studded knobby to protect the tube from all the screw heads. It seems simple & guaranteed to work lol

Still, here's another Maine winter & I've still not bothered to stud the tires on my daily driver *shrug* Would it help? Prolly... Would it help enough to be worth the effort? ...dunno, I've not tried it lol - I jus' run knobbies w/as many lil lugs as possible & it seems to work good 'nuff ;)

I will say they look evil as all get-out :D

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
i've got the schawble hs333's on my mnt bike, when i got them i was a little disappointed by the small size of the spikes, but after putting them on and trying them out, there awesome.

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
i have seen numorouse self done studded tires but few that look well most were prone to flats putting a smooth tire without a bead in a regular tire works great ive done that myself but not for studded tires for more side wall support on w.o.t. turns if i ever homemade studs i would go that route