New guy in Kingman AZ

GoldenMotor.com
Aug 21, 2010
Kingman AZ
My name is Tom and I am retired . I live in Northern AZ and enjoy prospecting . I run around in the desert in a Baja Bug but would like to carry a motorized bike for a couple of reasons . One is that perhaps with an aggressive rear tire I can get even further into gold bearing areas . Also if I break down in the middle of nowhere I can get back to civilization without any flashbacks to my AIRBORNE Infantry days .I don't need a lot of power . It looks like anything over 48cc's will draw attention but that much assist should do the trick . Thanks for having me .

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hey Tom Welcome to the forum from Tucson, glad you joined us.

I have done some off-road rides on a motorized bike, I have used my Morini and China Girl bikes. I mostly stick to dirt roads but I have ventured off the path a bit. I used a 44t with my 66cc China Girl motor and it did okay but a 50t or bigger will give you some decent torque when you need it.

dnut

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Hi Tom, KC in Phoenix.

I think I can build you just the thing for taking along on your desert gold hunting adventures ;-}

Sounds like what you are looking for is motorized 'Desert Mule' to get around the hills and trails, pack a load, but be able to pick it up put in your truck yourself.

That would mean light, gears for the hills, a sturdy frame (for weight), some cargo capacity for your tools (or big score!), and shocks, and really good tires for the cactus.

I would love to build a 'desert mule'.
My links are in my sig, drop me an E and we can talk.