New Old Schooler from Detroit

GoldenMotor.com

sparrow69

May 12, 2010
Detroit
long time reader first time posting, i figured it was time for me to make an account and actually contribute. I recently moved to Detroit and over the next few months I'll be building my vision of a classic board track racer. I've always been a moped Nomad, and I've dreamed of doing this for a while, now i feel i have enough info to actually pull it off.

I plan on using a Schwinn Beach Cruiser with a 7 speed cassette to shift gears, powered by a belted 66cc 2 stroke single piston, with a custom jakshaft setup and an electric start( I know not original but i have a few plans for how to masque it ;) )

I plan on riding it as a daily driver for commuting around town since i work at home, but as an avid motorcycle and scooter enthusiast I'm sure I'll have a blast on a classic style board track racer.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. If you post a build thread in the boardtrack forum, we can follow your progress and you will get some good ideas to help you solve the install problems.

sparrow69

May 12, 2010
Detroit
so its been a while since I made my initial post, and progress has been slow (life is like that sometimes). I figured I'd update you all with some new changes, I've found an amazing deal on a Micargi Leopard, so it looks like I'll be building a stretched cruiser rendition of a board track (i know, typically not a traditional board track setup) but I'm still doing it old school.
I'm still kind of hung up on a motor, flopping back and forth on a few different options, but I'm hoping the line on some slightly used (broke in) Briggs kart engines comes through, their Animal series, and put out an amazing amount of power. if so, the plan now calls for a 72 tooth rear, and disk brakes on the rear.
My rear wheel is a 20", my front is a 26" and will be adorned with a springer front fork, im just deciding on if i should go straight or low-rider style curved to make it an even longer stance.
I do know however that i will be eliminating the pedals, and replacing them with footpegs, and the motor will have a modified kickstart.