what are your wishes for the future of riding

GoldenMotor.com

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
ok 2 strokes are getting outlawed by tree huggers who cant realize that there are so few 2 strokes and they actually get good effieceincy(cant spel)...ive been putting some ideas on another thread but i feel it needs its own thread..there is so many ways to overcome the performance and emmitions deficiencies of these motors...just look what they did with snomo's...ive layed some ideas on the 48cc thread...i really want to hear some of your ideas to make these motor work...marconi didn't actually invent the radio, he just made it work...

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy Noco. I really don't think 2 strokes are being outlawed. The rumor keeps coming up (has been for the last few years) but never read any thing from any real news or legislative sources even close to attempting it. Last few times, I did long hrs trying to find any evidence. Honestly, I think we are OK.

Last edited:

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
i dont think they are actually going to outlaw 2 strokes...but they have been forcing other industries that produce the ex snomos to make them cleaner...i just dont think that these primative engines will stand a chance to emission regulation...but thats not all bad...with some simple improvements they can run cleaner, longer, be more efficient and more powerfull...i dont see the regulators asking for cats yet...the fist improvement that id like to see is variable spark timing...that thing that we are calling a cdi is really just a coil pack...have you ever noticed that a 50cc scooter is more powerfull than our 66cc and its on a heavier vehicle...im thinking that a good part of this is due to variable spark timing...being able to retard the spark at low rpms and advance it at high would allow us to get a more complete burn...i have an extra cdi from an qmb139(china scooter motor)but i dont have a 4 stroke china girl...ill look tommaro for a 2 stroke cdi...these cdi's use an external coil pack...if i remember right all they have for wiring is a b+ b- coil power and ground and a magnito power and ground for a tack signal...the only thing that worries me is how much voltage comes from our magnito and what comes from a scooter's magnito...whats your guys thoughts...does anyone know the magnito output???

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
I remember a suzuki T250cc scrambler I had in the 70s and it was a 2 stroke with a oil tank and I dont ever remember filling that oil tank up and I drove the heck out of that bike. Didnt smoke either, it drank 2 stroke oil like a bird.

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
hey thanks for the replies but im really digging for the good ideas that can make these things better...come on lets have some gearhead fun...i threw something out there weather it will work or not...come on dont be shy....

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
just a thought...it scraps my 4 to 2 stroke idea...what about letting the air flow exactly how it does through a 2 stroke but fuel injecting it at the intake port...i know stuff like this is gonna need batery power but if we can keep oil in the crank without being mixxed than this could be possible...am i on my own here or is there some ideas in this world???