what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

RebelHellbilly

Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury,North Carolina
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

awesome bike Wm:). well lets see ..my MB. got that coaster brake wheel where i wanted it. so shes looks completely different than wut i was riding. kinda into the board track racer look. gonna take sum new pics soon

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia

Painted the exhaust with BBQ paint. A gnat landed on the final coat.
Oh well, I hope it'll just burn off without leaving much of a mark.

Wm Holden

Jun 1, 2011
Ventura California

awesome bike Wm:). well lets see ..my MB. got that coaster brake wheel where i wanted it. so shes looks completely different than wut i was riding. kinda into the board track racer look. gonna take sum new pics soon
Thanks Reb...Just a rehash of the other picture i posted..but with the batteries hidden in the saddle bags.

I miss the coaster brake on this one...I got used to it with my trike...

retromike3

Jan 9, 2009
Beaverton OR

Got a flat on the way back from across town. had a peace of copper poke through my rear tire. Then I fond out that I forgot my tire irons. Pulled my bike over to a bus stop and went to work. buy the time I was done my hands were black and I only was able to get about fifty pounds in my tire ,but I made it home. Lucky for me I brought a shop rag, but still no hand soap I am thinking about making a extension for my pipe so that my rear wheel won't be so oily.

Its no fun trying to get the rear wheel back on with track type drop outs and no bike stand.

other than that it was a good ride.

mike

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho

Clutch pads were beyond repair, so I cut some new ones out of ragjoint material. It works alright, but I gotta order some new ones tomorrow.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

Got a flat on the way back from across town. had a peace of copper poke through my rear tire. Then I fond out that I forgot my tire irons. Pulled my bike over to a bus stop and went to work. buy the time I was done my hands were black and I only was able to get about fifty pounds in my tire ,but I made it home. Lucky for me I brought a shop rag, but still no hand soap I am thinking about making a extension for my pipe so that my rear wheel won't be so oily.

Its no fun trying to get the rear wheel back on with track type drop outs and no bike stand.

other than that it was a good ride.

mike
The last time I needed to, I plugged the gas cap and flipped the bike upside down.

Maybe that would work for you too.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

I've been riding my bike to work for the past few weeks. It is such a joy, especially when I don't have to park my car a quarter mile away from my workplace. I also get free covered parking in the secure parking structure.dance1

I've finally learned how to "tuck in" while riding. I usually do this while ripping up the slight to moderate hills. This seems to help maintain my speeds. Since I'm curious about how this improves my speed, I'm gonna install a SECOND speedometer. This will allow me to monitor speed, when I'm in a "tucked in" position.xct2

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine

When I have to tip the bike on it's side for transportation, of flip it over for repairs. I turn off the fuel, run the gas out of the carb. Then I put a plastic bag over the tank, and put the gas cap back in. The plastic bag seals it off and no gas leaks out.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho

When I have to tip the bike on it's side for transportation, of flip it over for repairs. I turn off the fuel, run the gas out of the carb. Then I put a plastic bag over the tank, and put the gas cap back in. The plastic bag seals it off and no gas leaks out.
I do that with my coffee go cup when I'm on a long ride. :D

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

did more work on the chopper bike. managed to cut the head tube down enough to accept a standard threadless fork, would have liked the steer tube to be a tad longer but it'll work. then fabbed up a holder for the gas tank (using one of those camp stove bottles) waiting for the jb weld to dry then to put the motor together and on the bike.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

The last time I needed to, I plugged the gas cap and flipped the bike upside down.

Maybe that would work for you too.
That is cool 5-7! Would never have thought of that. Could find an empty soda bottle or some thing so ya could drain the gas.

Most of my bikes are 4 smokes. Any one know if the oil would cause much of a problem from leaking into the combustion chamber? I am only guessing some would and would smoke like crazy for a bit. But (and really am just guessing here) but thinking it would be OK?

KC, am so glad to read every one is OK and the fire was just stuff. Not that that isn't a big 'ol bummer in it self, but every one is OK.

Been meaning to PM you. You had said your shop gets real warm and faces west. I got this idea for a solar powered heat exhaust/drag in cool air. Is just some ABS pipe. As the sun heats it, it creates a vacuum in the room. The only air available to replace it comes from insulated pipe that is run under ground but sucks in from open air inlet. Ya make the opening constricted so as the air expands, it cools.

Cool part, the hotter and sunnier it gets, the more it works. Tools required. Hole saw, ABS, abs glue and a shovel.

AC powered by the sun. Easy, peaseey and free. (I love free, snork)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Dan - you should be fine as long as long as your oil level's not too high.
Cool DTGoat. TY. Gonna try it and will report.

LOL, blew up more dang HF engines trying stuff. But learned a bunch. (mostly, wut not to do, snork)

dag_29307

Jul 1, 2009
Enoree, Sc.

Been meaning to PM you. You had said your shop gets real warm and faces west. I got this idea for a solar powered heat exhaust/drag in cool air. Is just some ABS pipe. As the sun heats it, it creates a vacuum in the room. The only air available to replace it comes from insulated pipe that is run under ground but sucks in from open air inlet. Ya make the opening constricted so as the air expands, it cools.

Cool part, the hotter and sunnier it gets, the more it works. Tools required. Hole saw, ABS, abs glue and a shovel.

AC powered by the sun. Easy, peaseey and free. (I love free, snork)
Could you PM me a basic schematic of that Idea? I would love to put that into action in a couple rooms in my trailer. I am a big "green" fool and if it's free it's a great price. I am currently trying to get off the grid with a wood gasifier hooked to a 4 cylinder generator for my house power. So far it supplies about 85% of my power when it is working right.

Thanks

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho

I just cleaned the bajeezus out of my carb. Prettied it up inside and out. I also plugged the primer - as I'm sick of it leaking and literally haven't used it since day one.

Took it out for a test ride - no change of the 30 MPH cruising speed, but man, she was purrin like nobodies business. So I'm glad, and she's ready for a ride tomorrow.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

I've been running into a two-block gridlock, a mile of reaching home from work. So I hop onto the sidewalk and ride at jogging speed. When I get to the traffic light, I merge with traffic and claim the lane at 35-37.5 mph.
As usual, two blocks from home, I ride in the bike path, slow down to pedalling speed(if I were to pedal) and cruise home on the path and sidewalk. This gives me time to unwind and reflect on the adrenalin-pumped ride home.

I no longer carry fuel in my reserve bottle, only 2.56 oz. of oil. Since I have a four-liter tank, fuel supply lasts for 8-9 days. If I ever run out of fuel, there's a gas station within a mile of wherever that happens to be. I just go to the Chevron station, pump gas, add oil, then motor away.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Dag, will do. Would be perfect for a trailer. Would really enjoy seeing your set up. Is there a thread in the tavern or elsewhere?

Know what you mean about the green thing. The challenge of it is a tinkerer's dream!