Where did you get your motor?

GoldenMotor.com

sofasurferlinux

Jun 24, 2009
Davison, Mi
I got my 80cc from Powerkingshop on ebay. Paid $103 which I thought was pretty thrifty. My wife wants one now but when I search ebay they seem to be going for quite a bit more now.

In the interest of being able to shop around, where did you buy you're motor? What did you pay(if you don't mind)?

I would like to buy a better motor but right now cost is the most important consideration.

I think I read that there are motor made in America, but I assume they cost a lot more. But anyway, I think a list a dealers would be a good thing (I bet there already is one but I can't find it).

Isn't boy-go-fast, amoung others, the same as Powerkingshop?

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I can only answer some of your questions....I have bought several from thatsdax over the past few years, and they tranged in price (with shipping) from the low 100's to 189.99.

I have bought a few "economy kits" from Livefast, and I only paid 60 something for each of them.

Kits made in America?!? Surely you jest!

saetta

Jul 29, 2008
Central Missouri
I bought my first motor, 49cc and my second, 80cc silver, both from Powerkingshop. Including S&H, the 49 was $170 (one year ago) and the 80 was $140 w/S&H. Satisfied with both!

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
Isn't boy-go-fast, amoung others, the same as Powerkingshop?
Powerking and Boygofast are not the same and are in fact arch enemies. :) Powerking is Zoom and RuiHong. Boygofast is Boygofast and is Ebay only. They are both excellent vendors with Zoom having the better customer service.

bseelbach

Jul 19, 2009
USA
Hot wheels-
How do you like the BGF slant? That is the one that I was looking at for a first build but people here cautioned against the seller. I have sent BGF 2 emails in the last 2 weeks without a response. Granted I haven't bought from him yet so I'm technically not a customer but c'mon I would think he should respond. Did you get the 49cc slant with the steel liner with the direct attach carb?

Hot Wheels

Jul 7, 2009
chicago
I love it, I got the 80cc runs great. he is a little slow getting to the emails, prices are pretty good and they ship stuff out fast.

Attachments

bseelbach

Jul 19, 2009
USA
Hmmm the spec plate. Is that a sticker or a riveted plate. Trying to decide between a 49cc and 80cc and legality is just one of the factors. How is the speed,torque, vibration and sound between the two sizes? I'm mostly interested in quiet (as reasonable) and vibrations that wont throw it all apart but then again the added torque would be nice for almost 200lbs. Appreciate your comments since I don't know anyone around here that has one so I cant see/hear/touch before buying.

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
I got mine from luckyearlybird on Ebay.. was $120 shipped but I see there now a bit cheaper.. 66cc and runs fine