Goodbye

GoldenMotor.com

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
hey,
I was looking at Missouri Laws and found out that you need a driver's License to ride a mb. Since i am only 10, i cannot ride a mb in the state. I could do it and not ride in heavy populated areas, but i am in one off the safest citys in Missouri. The cops would stop me and inspect it, or someone will complain i am disturbing the Peace. So i am going to suspend my project until further referance. I might still visit the site, but a cannot ride. I realy really stinks :(
Sam

CalgarysFool

Aug 30, 2008
Yo, Sam,

You might consider an electric. The motor goes in an oversized wheel hub, usually on the front wheel, but I've seen some on the rear wheel.

These run silent and are very inconspicuous. I'd be surprised if anyone took notice. Especially if you further disguised things by putting saddlebags (paniers) on the back to better conceal the hub and totally conceal the batteries.

Good luck.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Man that sucks Sam :(

I applaud you for not wanting to break the law, but whats this... "I might still visit the site"?

Just think what you can do when you get your license by sticking around. Hanging out on this forum you will learn and see so much. I think you should stick around, that way you can build the baddest motorized bicycle with all the knowledge you will gain here at motorbicycling.com

.wee.

Pappy

Apr 19, 2009
Anderson, IN.
Man that sucks Sam :(

I applaud you for not wanting to break the law, but whats this... "I might still visit the site"?

Just think what you can do when you get your license by sticking around. Hanging out on this forum you will learn and see so much. I think you should stick around, that way you can build the baddest motorized bicycle with all the knowledge you will gain here at motorbicycling.com

.wee.

I have to agree with fairracing, besides you can still build, you just can't ride on public streets.

Just think, by the time your old enough to get your license, you'll have a garage full of motorized bicycles, you can also be the first 10yr old with a MB Shop dance1

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Sam isn't going anywhere. He's addicted and you know how junkies are. They say they're going to quit but before you know it, they're right back to the drugs,,,er, bikes, again.
Hang in there Sam. Take fairracing's advice. Stick around and pick up all the good advice there is to offer here. Someday very soon you'll use it and build a world shaker that we'll all admire.
Tom

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
No, I didn't leave neither can you!!! Lets all try to fight with the correct means and try get it legit, petition your towns authorities. It's not just MB's everyone needs to see whats up
petions only do so much though, you must exhuast the resource first before steppiung up!

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
Thanks! Yes i will. and By the way, my mb shop is a old garage and a 8foot shelf of tools and toolboxes. I will stay on and learn, and maybe i will check out the police station were i live. Isn't a pocket bike consider a motor assited bike? i dont think so, but in Missouri i think they consider it a moped, and you need a license to get one. But i see 9yr and 13yr old people riding them, right in front of the cops! and the cops just drive away ( they could just have missed them, some of the officer aren't that aware, and i know that by experiance). But im am going to do more research, and maybe i will find that the law has some kink that only non-peadal machines apply for the law. Oh well at least i will try :). Thanks for all the support!
Sam

MelMartinez

Dealer in Mexico
May 24, 2009
Mexico
Sam, another option is to move down to Mexico, build and ride as many MB you want LEGALLY, and forget about bureaucracy and miss leading laws and regulations. Enjoy freedom !!!

I wish for you the best luck in everything you do in life, and keep in touch with us.

See You in the Road !!!

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
You're 10?!?

Pocket bikes are not motorized bicycles. If kids are riding them with no problems from the law, then you could safely ride a motor assisted bicycle.

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
GOODNEWS!!
I went to the police station and found out that a motor bike under 50cc is okay . Since i am only 10, it will do me fine until i get my license. well,when i become 13 14 it will slow down. But a 48cc is better than none. I JUST orderd a 48cc kit off ebay, and it will be here soon. I am going to the home run derby so wont be back till late. I will keep you posted on the project
WEEKEND-FUN IS BACK IN THE GAME!! :)usflg.trk

Bikedad1

May 12, 2009
East Wenatchee, Wa
I think you should just build it and be careful where you ride it. I was 9 years old and built a mini bike and me and my brother rode it everywhere........LOL. I have two sons one is 13 and one is 15 and they both ride mb's around and havent had any problems yet.

.sno.

motorbiker

Mar 22, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
You're 10?!?

Pocket bikes are not motorized bicycles. If kids are riding them with no problems from the law, then you could safely ride a motor assisted bicycle.
Hey, I got a motor kit I bought on eBay on the way too ! I was dreaming about it last night !

When it comes to motorbikes and motors I am 10 too ! .wee.

old motorbike

Sep 21, 2008
Fl.
Good news, week-end fun, when in doubt, ask. I've always wanted a mb since about your age, but never did until 62. Listen to the members here and enjoy the ride....and keep coming back.