china kit safe on dirt road?

GoldenMotor.com

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
My kit is mounted in a Roadmaster 26" mountian bike with knobby tires.. converted to single speed by removing derailures and running just a straight chain.. will this be safe to ride on a dirt road?

Norco John

May 26, 2009
Brookston, IN
I don't see why not. My Norco, set up the same way except for tyres, hasn't died yet. Of course, if you want to try and go 40 MPH down the dirt road, all bets are off.
About 15 MPH is right for me. any faster beats the hairy heck out of my butt and loosens the fillings in my teeth.

Last edited:

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
i live in a town that is all dirt roads and dont have a problem as long as i keep my speed down, have had some problems with stuff loosening up but that is to be expected. have a tnaka mb with grubee 49cc a huffy cranbrook with 66cc and a jag with 49cc 4stroke all work good for me, frank

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
LoL' my chopper goes down a dirt road once in a while and does fairly well unless I try to make an abrupt turn. I did lay it down once but thankfully it was before any paint.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I often ride on the dirt shoulder for self preservation. Just clean the filters and lube the chain a little more frequently.

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
thanks.. got a dirt road that leads off from near my house into where my grandparents driveway is ( was the old road ), where there used to be a couple houses up there, and a farm ( note, this is in the middle of the woods ).. now only part of 1 of the barns stand sort of, the remaining house fell in, mid 90's.. it looks like someone just left 50 years ago and never came back.. the feilds are 50% wilderness now, tho you can still tell they are there, the roads are still there and some of the fences are there.. I havn't been up there in 5-6 years, and I'd like to go back up to see what it looks like now.. we used to bike to the point you couldn't ride a bike anymore ( road grown over with grass and not well travled anymore ) and then walk the rest up to where the buildings stood..but I think with the engine, I could ride it slow up thru the bad part.. it's a place now that, only some have ever seen, but it's worth it..

unior

Jun 18, 2009
Lancaster, PA
thanks.. got a dirt road that leads off from near my house into where my grandparents driveway is ( was the old road ), where there used to be a couple houses up there, and a farm ( note, this is in the middle of the woods ).. now only part of 1 of the barns stand sort of, the remaining house fell in, mid 90's.. it looks like someone just left 50 years ago and never came back.. the feilds are 50% wilderness now, tho you can still tell they are there, the roads are still there and some of the fences are there.. I havn't been up there in 5-6 years, and I'd like to go back up to see what it looks like now.. we used to bike to the point you couldn't ride a bike anymore ( road grown over with grass and not well travled anymore ) and then walk the rest up to where the buildings stood..but I think with the engine, I could ride it slow up thru the bad part.. it's a place now that, only some have ever seen, but it's worth it..
Snap some pics...sounds interesting to me.