GoldenMotor.com

cabbiex5

Feb 12, 2009
Michigan
So I have Schwinn Southport 7-Speed 26" bike from meijer:

A DAX F80 2-cycle engine with dual brake lever bought from amazon:

and MB.com chat with zune music player in background:

Tinker time...

Now, it took me forever to get the sprocket on, but kermit05 gave me a tip and bam! 5min later:

cabbiex5

Feb 12, 2009
Michigan
Next day I did the motor with assistance from a friend who held it in place. dan and OzzyU812 tips on chat:

The next day....

I rode it about 1/2 mile down the street and everything was awesome....

Notice there isnt a muffler on it. it wont attach cuz the oversize tube mounts are in the way... gunna buy a poo poo exhaust later.

thanks to dan OzzyU812 kermit05 for all their help and every thread on this site

cabbiex5

Feb 12, 2009
Michigan
yea i know, thinking about the poo poo pipe from bicycle-engines.com

any ideas for a horn? needs to be heard from 200ft

I also need a light setup, headlight taillight brake light and turn signals. thinking about a separate circuit with a battery, any ideas?

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
yea i know, thinking about the poo poo pipe from bicycle-engines.com

any ideas for a horn? needs to be heard from 200ft

I also need a light setup, headlight taillight brake light and turn signals. thinking about a separate circuit with a battery, any ideas?
this one might help...fit almost perfect and sounds great...36.00 bucks and thats with shipping...motor99motor on ebay...Dennis

Attachments

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
no...I cut the flange that bolts to the engine exhaust port and wielded it to a 2 inch piece of pipe the same diameter...picked it up at lowes...black pipe...its heavier and supportive...positioned it...tacked it ...and wala...perfect...nice sound....i think there is always going to be a small problem because all frames are different and everyone puts their engines in different...i have ruined one muffler by heating it up and tweaking it...bad metal...my first build was a schwinn and i had to tweak it...i could never get it right...but this one was easy...clean...i think you'll have to work with the poopoo pipes too....the expansion pipe i put on my gary fisher fit right on with no tweaking and moves...ha...got it at spooky tooth...heres a pic...need any info let me know...Dennis

Attachments

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
hey ozzie...type in mini pocket bike exhaust on ebay...they have a daul exhaust with your name on it...have fun and dont forget the vets today...Dennis