I'm Getting a Moped Instead

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I know your bike runs good. I guess I just keep seeing the sick ones, you know the types we've both seen. The guys that are seen around the meth infested near northwest side, have bailing wire, duct tape, no lights or reflectors and that meth-o-lantern look. :D
BTW: The Puch hits about 33 in about 100 yards.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Maybe its a 48cc or 66cc or 70cc????

You never show all your cards at once lol.

If anything we can go for a ride.

Pick a time I will be there

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Instead of going all that way over there, we can meet somewhere between us like the area near 4th Ave or Speedway?
Yes I'm revealing all because I know that a 50cc china engine can't compare to a 50cc Puch off the line from a dead stop. If you want to race a 69 or 72 or whatever, then we're comparing two different engine sizes. But I'll see you tomorrow, maybe the Circle K at Speedway and 6th?

Last edited:

Cookie

Jul 3, 2008
Re:bicycle luv

I had to get in this one-First guys be nice, some of us that tried the moped and cycle sites and got reamed out for having a motorized bike guys we are better than that.....
First I am in my 60's (don't ask!!) and have been riding these bikes when gas first went to 2.50 a gal.
But my first real motorcycle was an old Indian I bought for $100. in the crate (service surplus) and I put it together in my apartment (second floor) and had several pces left over but it ran great. Some times I wish I had that old bike fast forward to present time I now have a Mobecane moped I need to find a home for circa 1960 I just do not have the drive to fix it, I just love riding my china girl with my chopper 3 gal. tear drop tank no matter where I go some one wants to talk to me I can ride from Baton Rouge LA to New Orleans LA and back on a tank of gas and still urn another week (although riding that far gives a new meaning to HARD TAIL !!! OUCH!!!). We love our bikes, I love the fact that an old lady can say yes I made it and these young bucks just go WOW!! The fine touches and artistic tweaks that we all do Heck most of us are Renaissance folk we want to do it ourselves.
Right now I am working on making a turbine charger for my light battery..fly
Cookie

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
Need we say more, 1941 shelby with tuned exhaust,
Deans "big Carb" & manifold,36 t super sprocket
(12 Gauge spoked wheels w sturmey drum/dyno front hub
big apple tires, on order)sorry for dark pic.lol,j
Nice slay ride! My Rollfast looks a little like that..With a lot more rust.

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
Re: bicycle luv

I had to get in this one-First guys be nice, some of us that tried the moped and cycle sites and got reamed out for having a motorized bike guys we are better than that.....
First I am in my 60's (don't ask!!) and have been riding these bikes when gas first went to 2.50 a gal.
But my first real motorcycle was an old Indian I bought for $100. in the crate (service surplus) and I put it together in my apartment (second floor) and had several pces left over but it ran great. Some times I wish I had that old bike fast forward to present time I now have a Mobecane moped I need to find a home for circa 1960 I just do not have the drive to fix it, I just love riding my china girl with my chopper 3 gal. tear drop tank no matter where I go some one wants to talk to me I can ride from Baton Rouge LA to New Orleans LA and back on a tank of gas and still urn another week (although riding that far gives a new meaning to HARD TAIL !!! OUCH!!!). We love our bikes, I love the fact that an old lady can say yes I made it and these young bucks just go WOW!! The fine touches and artistic tweaks that we all do Heck most of us are Renaissance folk we want to do it ourselves.
Right now I am working on making a turbine charger for my light battery..fly
Cookie

I am 40.. Let's date.. I would love to hear any progress you have with that charger.. I was looking at charging hubs last night. Any similar things out there like the one you have in mind? Knock em' dead woman!

J Slay

Jan 8, 2009
massachusetts
Hey Roadkill Thanks!,Send pics! Mine was chained to a tree in the middle of a farm 4 eva,real thick rust. I sanded it down for a long time and lost some parts like the rear fender (too bad) and mated a 1952 girls shelby to it,everything but the frame and springer frnt end.Look for a nice girl (bike) you can mate it to.you will really love how everything fits!(and how it rides)j

Attachments

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Weedy and Fair.. You guys will have fun I am sure. Sounds like a good meet. Wish I could be there. Take some pics !! This I know. I run the Dax F80 which is a 69cc motor and will run circles around your Moped Weedy. I am at 6000-9000 feet and I can run 38mph top speed and cruise all day at 34mph. I have never ever seen a stock 50cc moped do that at sea level. Much less at 6000 feet up and higher. And I agree.. A 50cc moped from Europe is a better built motor than the GT China built motors. But still. A good running GT motor on a bicycle will out pull, out corner, and just flat out run any stock moped I have ever run. Barr none !! I am not sure what Fair is running for a motor, but if it runs decent at all... Well.. Fair will be saying.. See ya... And you will be saying.. Mommy.. I want my mommy !!! ................

Moped and MAB drags !! Alright !!! I feel 16 again and I am hundreds of miles away and not even there !!! Our wives must think we guys are nuts !!! Question is.... Are we? Enjoy the ride....

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Duane, If I made my moped 80cc it would eat your bike alive, then I would sell it for scrap.
I'll let Fair tell you how the "race" turned out.
Nuff sed. :D
BTW: The Puch does WELL over 33 at 2200 ft. with the stock 50cc.
At 80cc I would laugh taking your bike to the recyclers.
No insult intended...I'd probably keep it and ride it around. Fair's bike is nice. :D
Rhymes with book.

Last edited:

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I want to thank Fair for humoring me today.
We walked around 4th Ave this afternoon and we saw...
I'll let Fair do the posting for the after race activities.
Thank You for the effort you have put into making this forum the best. Without you this forum would be lost.
Next ride we get coffee or beverages! :D

4867monnettchapel

Jan 25, 2009
galion ohio
Hi:
I have a moped and I am going to a electric bicycle. I want some thing that I can put in the trunk of the car. When I have my car or truck worked on I can ride the bicycle home. I can not lift the moped in and out of the trunk. I could have 30 years ago , but not at 76. And I do not have the paper work to keep up with on a bicycle and no insurance required for bike. To each his own

Status
Not open for further replies.