does anybody beleive these power claims are accurate?

GoldenMotor.com

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Those claims have been repeated by many sellers of the engines over the years. 3-3.5HP @ 6K RPM is probably closer to the truth.

Same with the fuel mileage claim. I've seen many sellers claim ~150MPG for the larger chinagirl and that's optimistic to say the least.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I like where they say it will fit any bike, cruiser, chopper, etc, "with a 'V' frame. Anyone ever see a 'V' frame chopper? Or cruiser for that matter. LOL.

Who writes this stuff and who do they think they're kidding? Apparently there are enough uninformed people out there to justify the untruths and innaccuracies in their advertising.
My advice? Stay away from that one. If their adds are misleading imagine what their response will be to a warranty claim.

Tom

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
Saw similar the other week ,saw a guy with a motorised bike so stopped to chat with him ,he had a standard chinagirl with speed carby and that's it ,it was the black model ,he stated it was a racing motor and he purchased it for $350 from a local chinagirl dealer , I went to the address looking for an EXP chamber exhaust and low and behold he,s selling the A1 standard chinagirl as a racing motor with 6hp at 6k , I asked him to have a look at the specs on the manual and it is nothing but a standard a1angle fire in black with a speed carby and nothing more ,no porting ,no compression increase nothing ,just a stock standard 66cc ,I proceed to ask him questions pertaining to mileage and speeds ,he says the average cruising speed is 30mph for a racing motor and mileage is 150 to 200 miles ( yes miles not km) per tank
Should have seen the sharp look he gave me when I told him my standard chinagirl runs similar numbers except fuel consumption ,I'm currently on about 100-120 km per 2l tank

Regards Henshooter

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
There is a very over priced 'R80' on the market in OZ, as opposed to standard A80.
Which they claim both are an up grade to the 'F80'.
My experience is the F80 is superior.
the A80 has the 38mm crank and angle fire head.
The R80 has a 40mm crank and angle fire head.
the F80 has 40mm crank and straight fire head.
The straight fire head with a little work is far superior.
As is the 40mm stroke.
I can only find 2 vendors in OZ on Ebay that sell the F80.
The rest often have a picture of an F80, but further down the add there will be a motor with an angle fire head.
Look for the adds that state 40mm stroke.
The better motors are $180.
Do not try and save your self $30.
Do not expect the same performance from a 38mm anglefire motor.
The F80's have larger ports, better cooling capacity, more torque and with a bit of a rework to the head be a much faster motor.
Do not be fooled by false claims of higher compression, better bearings ect. and again do not try and save your self $30.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Not that every one will understand what I have to say exactly, but for a similar way of stating power for amplifiers output in watts some ads will pull a fast one on you.

Most speakers are 8 or 4 OHMS. They figure the output watts in relation to 2 OHM speakers but do not mention it anywhere. Most people would assume into 8 OHMS and then the power would be overstated by 4 times.

These claims of horse power have no way out really. HP to Watts is about 746 Watts.

MT

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Without mentioning the brand but showing some specs on this 4000 watt stereo amplifier, you would wonder how it is 4000 watts

If 8 Ohms into two stereo speakers it does 250 each that is 500 watts

They don't mention you can use it in 2 ohm speakers so the Distortion Spec is just for 4 or 8 OHM.

They call it 4000 watts by considering as if it were to be used into 2 OHMS.

Then 2 is 1/4 the resistance of 8 and 500 * 8 equals 4000 watts. 2000 watts into 2 separate stereo speakers that you cannot use without compromising or maybe even damaging your amplifier.

The rating also of 4000 watts you would not usually be using anyway, what it does is allow at lower volume setting at less power give less distortion.

What I mean is comparatively if you use a 1000 watt amp and set to the same volume level you would likely get a bit more distortion. Its like having a bigger power reserve you never intend to use on the higher output amplifier just so it sounds better.

I'm not saying the products are not good, but I think it is deceptive advertizing.

Power Output:

8 Ohm Stereo: 2x250W RMS
4 Ohm Stereo: 2x350W RMS
8 Ohm Bridged: 700W RMS

Total Harmonic Distortion: Less than 0.1 percent
Input sensitivity and Impedance: 0.77v
Signal to Noise (20 Hz – 20 kHz): > 90dB

Find me an electric motor that is 2 ohms and has the same voltage as this amplifier and you have 4000 / 746 = 5.4hp that plays in time to the music.

See apples and oranges

MT

needtransportation

Mar 17, 2014
Knoxville
Not sure how this turned into an audio thread but my last stereo was a pioneer 4900ib, head unit, cadence txa 1000d amp running a diyma12 ( damn i miss that sub, she was so clean and well blended while still crisp) in 1^ft sealed, txa 6004 running the mmats 6.5.1 three way comp set with the mid and tweet in fiberglass kick pods and the midwoofer in sealed doors with the doors, floor, and trunk deadened with raamat. Was super clean with almost no distortion and chest pounding midbass that blended smoothly with bass.