Rear free wheel drive sprocket or the manic mechanic set up? Best drive systems?

GoldenMotor.com

CheebaChamp

Aug 16, 2013
Orlando FL
Hi all, I've been working on a Murray beach cruiser for a bit now (as some of you may already know), and I was wondering: what is the best way to set up the drive sprocket? I've disliked the typical 9 bolt rag joint style from day 1. I've been looking at either doing a free wheel style or possibly the manic mechanic set up I've seen. I'd love to hear what you guys use and the pro's and con's of either.

Attachments

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Hi all, I've been working on a Murray beach cruiser for a bit now (as some of you may already know), and I was wondering: what is the best way to set up the drive sprocket? I've disliked the typical 9 bolt rag joint style from day 1. I've been looking at either doing a free wheel style or possibly the manic mechanic set up I've seen. I'd love to hear what you guys use and the pro's and con's of either.
I use the stock rag joint set up on all my bikes, never had an issue with any of them, been running them since 2009 when I did my first build, that bike has 2000+ miles on it with zero problems.

I like the manic set up and the sportsman set up, but they dont work on my multi speed bikes and I just never seen a need for them on my coatsre brake bike either, they do look nice and they give you easier adjustment for moving sprocket for better tire/chain clearance, but the rag joint set up will last and last if set up properly.

my latest bike has rag joint with an Alloy 34T Kings Sales & Service Sprocket and I hit 45 MPH on it today, if there is a good reason for the fancy adapter or that is just what a person wants that is great, but is it really needed on these China Girl bike builds.......I say no.

Map
.wee.