Vintage style chopper

GoldenMotor.com

Zug

Nov 20, 2008
san francisco
there was a place called "rideable bicycle replicas" that i went to in Alameda CA.
Very nice guy there makes very cool vintage and classic bikes.

Zug

Nov 20, 2008
san francisco
I originally had the Bars flipped and the seat lower as well for a "more correct" boardtracker lookbut decided to put it the way it is to be able to actually ride it.
As it is, you don't want to be pedaling too long.
thought I'd show some more detail while I was here.

As you can see from the scrapes, I do ride it.
And heres some of before the paint and add ons.

bdavanza

Nov 19, 2008
oak cliff tx
Real nice work, nice finish, too. Odd frame. That paint helps take some of the modern out of the motor's appearance. If you don't mind sharing your technique I'd love to steal your idea for my Triumph... Did you paint it gold/brass, then black and rub away black, or just do black, then accent with gold/brass paint and rub away? I thought about doing some work on the side covers as well, depending on how thick they are, maybe rounding the edges with a file to take some of the sharpness out, and then polish. For that matter, the fins could use a little rounding as well.
-Ben

Last edited:

xPosTech

The Old Master Motorized Bicycle Builder
Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
It looks like you might have room behind the seatpost for a jackshaft to the crank spindle. Then add either a NuVinci CVT hub (135 mm) or a cassette and derailler. Both would probably require respacing the dropouts. A Sturmey-Archer 3-speed @ $99.95 (or 8 speed for $169.95) might not require respacing at 115 mm.

NuVinci CVT's go for almost $500.

If you've got lots of bucks go with a Rohloff 14 Speed SpeedHub. Strong - torque loads of up to 250 Nm on the crank - that's 150Kg on the pedals. $1295.95 for caliper/cantilever brakes. Out of my budget. :(

I need a sugar momma. .girl.

Ted