Crack in Carb

GoldenMotor.com

MarcPhotoMan

May 21, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Well I am not using it today, I am already at work.
I will try to seal it up this weekend how long will JB weld hold?
I geuss I need a new carb. question of who to order from?

Last edited:

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
I'll third the JB Weld suggestion.

If the surface is nice and clean, the JB Weld should last quite some time.

You can get a new carb for $22 from Dax. Honestly though I'd look into finding a better carb for replacement....

ENGINE_KIT_PARTS_PAGE_2

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
jb weld will hold FOREVER! that is your best bet...I've already used some of that on my clutch pin cover. it gets lots of vibration and heat, and is solid as a rock!

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
quick set 5-minute JB weld will work no need to replace the carb. I've did some heavy mods to the intakes of Briggs and inside of 2-strokes to blend the intake ports etc. with the quick set, inside of the intake and right under the intake valve never came lose I took a grinder to it to take it out along with a propane torch the stuff is good for about 400 degrees. the carb would have to be on fire for the JB to fail. clean the area with a dremel tool sanding drum to get the metal bright shiny and clean plus a little textured for the epoxy to grab on to.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Don't forget to clean the whole works with denatured alcohol or acetone after you rough it up, before you put the JB on.

MarcPhotoMan

May 21, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Ok so as many of you know I have been chasing a very small vapor leak. After sealing up the cracks in my carb, which i could only find via my digital camera and photoshop and lot of evidence that someone tryed to fix it before i even owned it.

Just venting a little

Any way I think it's fixed thanks to JB Weld.

but now it is Idling high, I have to screw the idle screw all the way in the idle become lower, when i let the screw out the idle is higher.

I am 100 feet above sea level and it is on the needle second from the top.

Yes i did test with wd40 and it does not stall,(^)

Just one question when you say bog down you mean the idle would change and almost stall?:confused:

Attachments