New motorized bicycle rider out of California 707!

GoldenMotor.com

BAMFinCali

Dec 24, 2008
California
hey whats up,

so i have been on this site reading and learning everything i can for i think a year now. and i just got my 1st motorized bicycle, i put it off way to long.
i went with the Schwinn Del Mar from wal-mart (not a bad deal at $99) i went with a 66cc RAW from Products with free shipping (ok now when i see Free shipping i assume cheapest and slowest methed there is ) not with these guys it was here in just a few days.
i didnt like the rear sproket mount so i went with one from MANIC Mechanic Parts.htmthey make one thats made to fit the Del Mar(Hub Falcon cf e10) i dont trust the stock idler setup i will make my own.
i will update with pics and build as i go.ride7a

dirbob

Aug 11, 2009
Santa Rosa, Ca
Re: New MB rider out of California 707!

HI: just joined this site. am located in Santa Rosa. where in 707 are you located. Put together mountain bike with rear mounted HondaGXH50. I thought I was the only one around here. bob

dirbob

Aug 11, 2009
Santa Rosa, Ca

I pretty much have my bike together now. I have a Honda Gxh50 with a cvt mated to it and then run through a jackshaft to the bikes gears. I machined my own hub so I have a complete compliment of gears on top of the cvt. Do you think a cvt and 21 gears are enough? The only other thing I did was mount the engine reversed so that the exhaust comes out the back so you don't burn your rear on the exhaust. Tried it up in the Sonoma mountains, worked well going up, not enough brake coming down so am making my own disc brake to supplement the brakes. Glad to know there is somebody else working in the area. Good luck on your bike. bob

Randog707

Oct 18, 2009
Fairfield,ca

Whats up finally some else form the 707,we should hook up and do a bike run,I'm out of fairfield.Randy

BAMFinCali

Dec 24, 2008
California

hey randy, my bike needs some work i need to drill out and retread my crank case i snap 2 bolts off in it going 39 mph on a bumpy road full of pot holes. im down to ride when i get it fixed

Randog707

Oct 18, 2009
Fairfield,ca

ouch!!! I've heard all kinds of horror stories about pot holes,they can surely make a mess of your bike.Also I'm finishing my fourth build should be done tomorow I'll post some pics.Randy