Worksman + Clam adapter?

GoldenMotor.com

deck99

Mar 27, 2009
nebraska
As I mentioned in another post I am thinking about getting a worksman newsboy. I love the heavy construction on that bike. I especially love the heavy rims/spokes. I want to go with that set up but I don't want to attach the rear drive sprocket to the spokes. I have seen a couple different clamshell adapters on the site.

Does anyone know if I can bolt an adapter right to the worksman hub? The CS said it's a nexus hub they use.

Thanks,

deck99

rslavicek

Apr 24, 2009
San Diego
Manic Mechanic say's that they can make adapters for most hubs. They sounded good so I ordered one about four weeks ago for my Shiminao hub. I had an email saying they were backlogged and that mine would ship last week. Today when I checked their web site was down. If they are still in business their hub adapter and sprockets looked good and were a great value. I'llkeep you posted if I see my order.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Ron,

50T Sprocket, and a hub diameter of 1.117-1.122. I made it 1.120.

Yours and many others went out today! Yes I have been back logged, but I now have inventory.

Roadrunner did some sort of server restructuring that changed the URL. I have been so busy at the shop that I didn't even notice until this morning.

Here's the new link:

Manic Mechanic

If you had this in your favorites before, be sure to overwrite it.

I contacted Cruiser a while ago, so that he could fix my banner link.

Jim

rslavicek

Apr 24, 2009
San Diego
Thanks for the information, you make some great products. The more I get into this hobby, the better they look. When I mounted the stock sprocket on my bike, I ended up having to leave out a couple of bolts where they interfered with the spokes. I use a standard triple cross lacing on my wheels and my choices were to either leave out the bolts or run out of round. I've been using the banner link which comes up with a DNS error.

deck99

Mar 27, 2009
nebraska
Jim,
Can you recommend a hub/rim combo that you have already made an adapter for? I am in the building process and can use any hub. I prefer something that can handle some heavy spokes.

Thanks,

deck99

rslavicek

Apr 24, 2009
San Diego
I recieved my adapter from Creative Engineering on Friday and had a chance to put it on today. The fit was perfect. I had to adjust the spokes a little to get the sproket adapter through and I found out that I should have either used locktite on the screws or lock washers. I lost two out of three screws on my second test ride. i'll take the blame for that mistake, all and all I'm very happy with the quality and value and would recommend his products.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Ron,

Don't be afraid to get those bolts really tight. The supplied allen wrenches are USA made and will not break...and yes blue locktite would not hurt although I have yet to have any of my local guys loose any bolts.

They probably weren't tight enough to begin with.

Jim