Newcomer!

GoldenMotor.com

doc_Ziggy

Dec 2, 2015
East Coast, U.S.A.
Hello all! I am completely new to motorbikes and have no knowledge or first hand experience with them. However I am very interested in starting my first build. I hope to find tons of useful information here. Thanks!

Goergedave

Oct 23, 2015
Texas
Hello all! I am completely new to motorbikes and have no knowledge or first hand experience with them. However I am very interested in starting my first build. I hope to find tons of useful information here. Thanks!
Welcome to the world of motorized bikes and to this forum Ziggy. Glad to have you.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome, Doc.
If it's help and advice you seek, you've come to the right place. We consider it our job to get new builders up and running with a minimum of trouble.
It's why this forum was created.

We do have an extensive 'Search' feature that contains answeres to most questions but there is always someone here ready and willing to give specific advice if/when you need it.

Good luck and have fun.

Tom

oldschoolbiker

Dec 1, 2015
Illinois
Welcome Doc Ziggy,

I am also new here. I just completed my 1st build. If you are mechanically inclined and have basic tools, building a motorized bicycle is not that difficult.

In 2006, I purchased a brand new Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic which I modified and turned it into a 1948 retro Harley. Now I'm into building motorized bicycles.

My Harley biker buddies all made fun of me when I built my motorized bicycle. Now some of them want me to help them build a motorized bicycle. I like the old school look and my bicycle build replicated that of a 1903 Harley. I actually had more fun when building my retro looking motorized bicycle than I did when I pimped out my big ass Harley:)

Many of my friends and neighbors ask me why I like building motorized bicycles. I simply tell them that when completed, they are a piece of art:)

Am now in process of building a "Captain America" tribute motorized bicycle.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
A 'Captain America' , Easy Rider tribute?
I'll be watching, no doubt.
Good luck and keep us posted on that one. What frame are you starting with?

Tom

gooseneck

Nov 27, 2015
concord, ca. usa
i've been on a lot of different types of forums but this was the most welcoming to date.
so welcome and have fun.
ps read, read and ask anything.

oldschoolbiker

Dec 1, 2015
Illinois
A 'Captain America' , Easy Rider tribute?
I'll be watching, no doubt.
Good luck and keep us posted on that one. What frame are you starting with?

Tom
Am using an Orange County/Schwinn Stingray frame. Am gonna chrome it just like in Easy Riders. One of the biggest challenges on this build will be the 45 degree dual exhaust with fishtail ends on the pipes:).