Made some people happy

GoldenMotor.com

Dooly

Nov 16, 2014
Arlington Tennessee
I removed the piece of inner tube on my two motor mounts on my seat tube . I also had a piece of rubber tube around the U-bolt. Took that out . BTW I read about using the inner tube on this forum...but I didn't read the posts saying " don't use it ". I have SBP shift kit so I have two mounts on the seat tube. My frame tube is 1" and the smallest mounts that come with the kit are 1 1/8" so I made some shims and changed them out tonite. It felt solid before I changed it but the bolts were loose and I check them often. So it's rock solid now.

Attachments

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
remember, the goal is not to have mounting bolts tight; it is to have the motor and other units tight - if they tighten well with less strain on the bolts, that's a good thing

Dooly

Nov 16, 2014
Arlington Tennessee
Crassius I'm going to do the same thing to the front mount. The way I'm doing it makes both sides of the mount fit.the tube exactly so it's a good snug fit with lots of contact to the frame. I'll make sure I don't over tighten.

Blue Goat I have been impressed with the quality of the shift kit. The clamps that come with the kit are Napa u bolt exhaust clamps I did modify them to fit my frame. I used some soft steel to make shims to fit my frame tube. I took a 3/4" socket which measured 1" outside dia. And put it in a vise to bend it into the exhaust clamp. Then tac welded it. One of them I used JB Weld and it held fine. I filled any voids with JB weld top and bottom to smooth it out. Like you would use bondo and ground it down smooth. Then painted it black.