Which one??

GoldenMotor.com

philmuck

Sep 29, 2008
OK so this may be a dumb question but do you use two stroke oil or regular motor oil to mix with the gas?? if regular which weight??

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Never use reg. oil in a 2 stroke motor. It was not made for that. 2 stroke oil is what you need. Ams OIL is what I use. New motor 30:1 broken in motor 20:1

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I think you have those ratios backwards tramp, I use walmart 2stroke oil. 20 parts gas to 1 part oil for the first couple of tanks then 32 parts gas to 1 part oil is what my engine instructions (such as they were) recommended.

hill climber

Sep 11, 2008
paso robles, california
im with deacon on this . 20:1 for break-in, 32:1 after that. and by the way , you can use motor oil for 2 stroke oil. non-detergent 30w. but you must run about twice as much oil, 32:1 2stroke oil= 16:1 30w.

philmuck

Sep 29, 2008
Ok got everything on good and tried to give it a go but no fire. do you
1.hold the clutch in 2. Peddle, 3. Let go and give it the throttle??? bc if the clutch isnt held in the tire wont turn.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Ok got everything on good and tried to give it a go but no fire. do you
1.hold the clutch in 2. Peddle, 3. Let go and give it the throttle??? bc if the clutch isnt held in the tire wont turn.

1. Open the fuel valve. Small lever pointed down with fuel line is in the open position.

2. Depress the small round cap plunger, ( Tickle button ), to prime carburetor. Located on left side of the carburetor next to the idle adjustscrew.One or two times is enough.

3. Lift choke lever to the upward position. This is the small lever on the right side of the carburetor. All the way Up the choke is on. All the way Down the choke is off. Move progressively downward to off position during engine warm up period.

4. Pull the handlebar clutch lever inward, to disengage the engine from the rear wheel.

5. Pedal; 7-10mph

6. Let out the clutch lever all the way out and continuing to pedal. The result is a direct engine hook up with the rear wheel via chain and sprocket and the engine will now start spinning, Pedal until motor starts. Accelerate slowly at first..

7. Twist throttle to increase speed, reverse twist throttle to decrease speed. To stop, disengage clutch and apply brakes. To accelerate, pedal and release clutch while opening throttle.

8. Adjust choke to the smoothest engine running position.

9. After warm up push choke lever all the way down. If engine races too fast, or too slow, pull clutch lever and lock in the notched catch, stop and adjust engine rpm.

If the rpm needs adjusting, turn the idle adjust screw (left side of carburetor) in or out slowly to obtain the proper idle speed of about 1400 rpm

11. To stop the engine, push Kill switch and turn off gas valve at tank.

:ride2: