Hello From P.E.I.

GoldenMotor.com

Tony G.

Nov 27, 2011
Prince Edward Island
Hello my name is Tony and this is my first post ! I live in Prince Edward Island and there is so much open space here that i thought this would be a perfect place for a motorize bicycle ! My question is i have a Raleign Matterhorn mountain bike . Would it be possible to mount a 80cc engine on this type of bike ? or would i need a different kind ? Thanks alot in advance ! Tony G.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. I think we would need a pic to determine that. Best bikes for a first build are usually steel framed mountain bikes and cruisers.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I think a China girl will fit in the frame of your Raleigh. A Honda GX50 or a clone of it may not. You may need an oversized front engine mount for the China girl if your Raleigh is aluminum.
Below is a link to a China girl motor template provided by Dave31. He gives you one dimension so you should be able to figure the other dimensions using ratios.
http://motorbicycling.com/f30/engine-template-motorized-bicycle-25074.html#post232131

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
As long as you have 15" on the seat tube you should be fine. That looks like a perfect victim, er, candidate for motorizing. You may have to go with the oversize frame mount/adapter for the front mount but that should be easy.

Looking forward to seeing it when it's ready to ride.